Nintendo did extremely well last night at the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences’ DICE Awards in Las Vegas. The Big N went home with 11 awards, 4 of which were for The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild, one of them being for Game of the Year.
Super Mario Odyssey, Snipperclips, Metroid, Fire Emblem Heroes, Mario+Rabbid’s: Kingdom Battle and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe also picked up awards in a number of categories including; Racing Game of the year, Handheld Game of the Year and so on. You can see the full list below.
- Game of the Year: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Outstanding Achievement in Game Design: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Mobile Game of the Year: Fire Emblem Heroes
- Handheld Game of the Year: Metroid: Samus Returns
- D.I.C.E. Sprite Award: Snipperclips
- Strategy/Simulation Game of the Year: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
- Racing Game of the Year: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Family Game of the Year: Snipperclips
- Adventure Game of the Year: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Outstanding Achievement in Sound Design: Super Mario Odyssey
It wasn’t just videogames that Nintendo Excelled at, Nintendo’s own veteran executive and designer Genyo Takeda was presented with the Lifetime Achievement Award for his impressive acheivements to Gaming. Takeda retired from Nintendo earlier last year and was one of the two representative directors nominated to take the helm of Nintendo after the unfortunate passing of Satoru Iwata in 2015.
Source: Venture Beat