Another week and another new batch of rumours, so if you would rather stay out of it, look away now. Or strap yourselves in and get comfy because it’s rumour time.
It was just yesterday that I was thinking we hadn’t heard from 10K in a while, and guess what? 10K is back and he has a whole new batch of gossip for us to chew on. Lately it seems the more he speaks out, the more of his rumours are disputed, but since he was the one who started this regular feature series for us, we’re going to share our highlights anyone, so here it is: (All NX information shared by 10K comes from a “Nintendo Europe employee”)
- The NX is planned to be revealed on the 25th of July via a Nintendo Direct. Date however may be moved to August 4th 2016. With a live presentation to follow.
- 8-Core ARM Cortex v8-a A72 @ 1.6Ghz (Not final.)
- 12GB LPDDR4 (final, but how much to dedicate to OS isn’t.)
- Custom Polaris GPU (Specs not final.)
- No HDD, just some flash memory, a “core gamer” sku will have more on-board memory.
- Cartridges as media format (Nintendo making it cheaper for 3rd parties)
- Screen in the controller and buttons on the controller.
- Luigi’s Mansion and Zelda U/NX to be a launch title available from console release, which is expected before the 18th of March.
- Smash Wii U/3DS port for the NX will not be a launch title.
- Price is expected to be less than $400 dollars.
(For all the “leaked details” provided by 10K, check out the image below:)
As stated already, 10K hasn’t exactly had the best track record lately and I give it a week before we have the likes of Emily Rodgers (or someone else,) coming out to dispute a few of these, if not all, but the whole point of Rumour Has It is to share stuff exactly like this, so that’s what we’re doing! Now as much as I would like to “hear about the NX in July,” I think it’s just as likely we won’t hear anything until September (most likely during the Tokyo Games Show.) This belief is also shared by PCAdvisor.co.uk and in an article all about the NX (mostly rumours and theories.) To view the article, click here. Just be warned it is a lengthy piece.
Now at this point, we would just like to remind you that all that everything seen above is purely speculation, so until any of it is confirmed to be true by Nintendo (whenever they finally decide to let us in, or just drunk enough to spill all,) we advise you to only take from this what you will and in no way accept this as solid fact, whilst it is nothing more than rumours and rumblings and should you wish to get all caught up with all the rumours, you can find all our regarding rumours below:
Source: My Nintendo NewsTags: 10K, Luigi's Mansion 3, Nintendo NX, Nintendo NX specifications, NX Rumours, Rumour Has It
This post was written by Solid Jack