With Emily Rodgers giving us a trio of rumours and reveals last week regarding the ever elusive Zelda U, more rumours have come to light this week, regarding Nintendo’s next gen console and if you haven’t heard them yet, you can now.
It’s looking the NX and the Wii U will have a lot in common as a couple of popular Wii U titles are looking like they’re getting the NX port treatment as Super Mario Maker, Splatoon and Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS are all in development for the NX, with Smash and Zelda U expected to be launch titles. News of the Zelda U dual release is no surprise as we have all long suspected it would be before last week’s rumours ever came to pass. Now although Zelda U and Smash are guaranteed ports games to be released, Splatoon and Super Mario Maker are another story, because although they are in development, a big part of porting it means Nintendo needing to figure out just how to transfer players save data, progress, courses and so on. There is no certainty we’ll see Nintendo pull it off. If all four do get released, that’s great, if not, it’s just the way it goes in the gaming world and would it really be a bad thing? Wouldn’t we rather see a second Splatoon title instead of a Splatoon given the Hyrule Warriors Legends treatment?
So with that out of the way, how about we hear from GoNintendo verified 10K, a NeoGaf user who has a whole bunch of rumours to share and to start it off, he has an explanation on the Tier Ranking system he has for his reveals.
“To make this easier, I think I’ll do a tiered rumour ranking, where a T1 (Tier 1) means one source told me this. T2 means two sources. T3 means three, and T4 mean four sources or more told me, or others the same thing. Now although T4 rumours have multiple sources and are likely more credible than a T1, that doesn’t necessarily mean a T1 is false.” — 10K
- The NX will be more powerful than PS4 by a “noticeable amount.”
- Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS is “100% confirmed” for the NX, according to the sources.
- Zelda U is also “100% confirmed” as a Wii U remaster coming to NX. It’s and is “not really big news.” It may be a launch title along with Smash 4.
- Sources agree Super Mario Maker is in development for NX, but do not agree on whether it will actually happen.
- Sources also differ on whether Splatoon will actually make it to NX, but do agree it is in development.
- NX dev kits are out there, and porting current-gen games over is apparently very easy.
- NX architecture is speculated to be x86 in concordance with recent rumours.
- “Nobody knows anything about the handheld. At least, not any of my sources or their sources. Not even sure if NX refers to the handheld as well or if that has a different codename. It’s speculated that it will still get some exclusive games, but won’t get many console games down-ported (referring to the shared games library) while the console could theoretically play them all (maybe lending support to x86 and ARM inside the NX, having the handheld guts inside, but that sounds very expensive and I doubt it). The console seems to be the main focus of Nintendo right now and the New 3DS, along with the 2016 line-up of 3DS, has afforded them that luxury.” — 10K
Now at this point, we would just like to remind you that all that everything seen above is purely speculation, so until any of it is confirmed to be true by Nintendo (whenever they finally decide to let us in, or just drunk enough to spill all,) we advise you to only take from this what you will and in no way accept this as solid fact, whilst it is nothing more than rumours and rumblings.
However before we end it here, given as how we’re looking at some of the Wii U’s best games being ported to the NX, is this Nintendo’s way of telling us that the NX will not be featuring pre-gen playback, meaning all Wii U games are not compatible, or just another means of making great games better and profiting even more of it? But the bigger question is, with the NX being the all new powerful console we’re being lead to believe it is, will these ported games truly do it justice and show off everything the new console can do, or are they merely a means to distract us while Nintendo works on and brings out the games that will, but keep us waiting, thus repeating the Wii U cycle?
Sources: NeoGaf, Twitter & Alex Seedhouse of Nintendo Insider
3 thoughts on “Rumour Has It: The NX and the Wii U Have a Lot in Common!”
[…] It goes without saying that 10K has more reveal rumours, so if you would like to see the rest, be sure to pay a visit to NeoGaf with the source link and scroll to the bottom. Or should you wish to check out his last reveals we posted earlier on in the week, click here. […]
Can they please port DKC: Tropical Freeze! Love that game so much, I’d love to see them port it with some additional content.
Can’t see why not, if it is good enough for a Nintendo selects relaunch, it deserves an opportunity for a port as well.