Remember Miitomo? The app that Nintendo put out last March and so many of us got bored with it so quickly and then there was a huge update and it actually got better? Nintendo are now bringing a touch of it to Super Mario Run.
Somewhat annoyingly though, it is not in the way most would have liked and by that I mean when Nintendo said they were going to connect the two apps so that any friends you have in Miitomo can be your friends in Super Mario Run as well, Instead what we do get is the option of using our Mii from Miitomo as our icon for the game, but it does in fact take a bit doing, so we’ve prepared this little guide to help you out:
- Firstly in order to have use your Miitomo Mii, you will need to have played/are still playing Miitomo. So if you’ve never played it, you will need to download it and create a Mii.
- Your need to make sure you have downloaded the latest version of Miitomo and have linked it to your My Nintendo account. If you don’t have a My Nintendo account, you will need to create one.
- Once you have Miitomo set up, a Mii created and linked to your My Nintendo account, go to this webpage: http://accounts.nintendo.com/mii/chooser and select the Mii you wish to use (in this case, your Miitomo Mii) Make sure you save changes.
- Only once you have done all of that, you can then boot up Super Mario Run and link to your My Nintendo account (if you haven’t before), and the icon of your Miitomo Mii should then appear. Had you have previously linked Super Mario Run to your My Nintendo account,
- If you have previously linked Super Mario Run to your My Nintendo account, your Mii icon will change automatically, but if you make the change while already in Super Mario Run, you will need to quit it, and then restart it.
Just remember though, that Miitomo isn’t available in every country and region going, so if you’re wondering why you can’t download Miitomo, it’s because Miitomo is not available in your area.
We hope you found our little guide helpful.
This post was written by Solid Jack