In recent reports, Super Mario Run has been downloaded 90 million times on iOS devices, but only 3 million gamers chose to buy the full game, as the majority of who didn’t believe the game the price to be too high as the content is not worth it.
It’s a shame really as that means there are 87 million who are depriving themselves off the full experience, but then why would so many buy a full game, when they aren’t quite sure as to what exactly it is their money buys them? Well to help out with this and put a guide in place for Android users who aim to get this game as soon as it comes out, here is another Miktendo64 Guide and this time we’re covering what you can do before and after you buy the full Super Mario Run experience:
Before you Buy:
- You will have access to levels 1-1, 1-2 and 1-3 in the World Tour. (In order to advance to 1-3 you’ll need to have beat 1-2 and for 1-2 you’ll need to have beat 1-1 first.)
- You will be able to collect the Coloured Coins on the available courses. First you will need to collect all Pink Coins in a single play-through on a level of your choice. Then you can try getting all the Purple Coins on the same level and provided you success, you can then try getting the Black Coins.
- You can try out the skills you learned from World Tour in Toad Rally, but Toad Rally requires Rally Tickets, which you can only get by collecting the Coloured Coins, or from playing bonus games.
- You will also have access to Kingdom Builder, a mode which lets you build the Mushroom Kingdom however you see fit. However Kingdom Builder, like the other two modes are all connected and in order to unlock certain items you will need to have a certain number of Toads in varying colours and when playing the free version of the game, only Red Toads are obtainable from Toad Rally.
In short, the free version of the game, is literally a simplified Mario game packaged as a glorified demo, meant only to give you a taste as to what Mario games and even Super Mario Run is really like, but now let’s list the things that you can do after you buy:
After you Buy:
- You will now have full access to complete World Tour experience and be able to advance through all 24 levels. Levels that include Ghost Houses, Airships and Castles.
- You will now be able to test your skills and collect every single type of Coloured Coins on all 24 levels.
- Provided you are able to beat 6-4, you will unlock Princess Peach as a playable character.
- Now when you play the Toad Rally mode, there will be many more courses for you to try out and more kinds of Toads for you to collect, as all 5 will now be available.
- With more Toads being able to be collected, you will now also be able to unlock a whole magnitude of items and special items.
- You can also go on to acquire Rainbow Bridges, which would enable you to expand your Kingdom.
- You will now be able to go on and unlock additional characters such as Toadette, Yoshi and Luigi.
Will some may still consider all of this as not being reason enough to make the $9.99 US dollars purchase, while it is possible to advance through the game from start to finish in mere hours, there is plenty to do post-game. For example, you can set yourself a challenge of collecting 9999 Toads and building the very best Kingdom you can. Whatever you decide though, the two versions, despite offering similar experiences, they are not the same. There is only one way to play to Super Mario Run and that is after you’ve paid for the full game.
We hope you found our little guide helpful.
This post was written by Solid Jack