Time to dust off the amiibo again, with Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity out now, Switch owners now have a good excuse to dust off their prized amiibo and earn themselves some useful items and we’re on hand to outline how to use those handy amiibo and provide insight on just what exactly they can offer:
Using amiibo with Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
(Part of your Five a Day)
Like with the previous Hyrule Warriors game, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity allows players to scan up to five amiibo a day and there is no dictation on what amiibo can be used as the game shows no prejudice. All amiibo can be used, especially those related to The Legend of Zelda, however, unlike with the previous game, character specific amiibo will not earn you weapons for said character. Instead, you can find yourself obtaining random weapons and items in no certain order, but should you use a Ganondorf amiibo, you can obtain items and materials related to in-game bosses, which certainly prove useful for all of the game’s available Quests.
As for when players can use amiibo, the whole thing can be done straight from the game’s title screen, where Continue and New Game are an option, but just in case a quick set of instructions are required, we have that here:
- Make sure to get your five different amiibo out ready
- Load the game and from the title screen, select the “amiibo” option
- Take one amiibo and be sure to scan the centre of the amiibo on the top centre of your Pro Controller or on your right Joy-Con
- Automatically receive rewards
- Repeat the whole process until you’ve scanned all five amiibo
- Repeat the process the very next day of playing
We hope you found this guide helpful.