Nintendo have released 3 new videos featuring the Nintendo Labo on the Nintendo Labo YouTube Channel and gives a more indepth look into each of the first two kits; Variety Kit And the Robot Kit. These “Craft It Yourself” and play kits will be available in the US on April 20th and Europe on April 27th.
One feature that was not mentioned during the initial announcement of Nintendo Labo is the Toy-Con Garage. The Toy-Con Garage is available in both kits and introduces the principles of technology in a simple fun and accessible way allowing young children to learn by combining simple inputs and outputs to invent their own new ways to play.
The first video is the Nintendo Labo – Overview Trailer and looks and focuses on what is possible with the Nintendo Labo.
The Variety Kit comes with different Toy-Con creations that offers numerous ways for players to make, play and discover unique experiences. The Robot Kit, is a bit more intricate but gives a much more immersive experience as you stomp, punch and blast your way through city blocks whilst fighting alien invaders. It doesn’t offer VR but when you bring the visor down, you can change the camera from third-person view to first-person.
- Toy-Con Piano: After assembling a 13-key piano, players can host an impromptu recital or record their own songs and play them back for their biggest fans-in-the-making. Experimenting with different sounds and pitches can lead to something truly unique – even a song composed entirely of cat noises!
- Toy-Con Motorbike: Players can grab hold of their newly constructed handlebars and race through different tracks, challenging CPU opponents or collecting balloons across mountainous terrain. Creative types can even create their own custom tracks!
- Toy-Con Fishing Rod: There are many exotic fish to discover, and some of the deep-ocean fish are particularly tricky to catch. Aquarium mode allows players to show off their collection and have fun creating their own fish**.
- Toy-Con House: Players befriend the cute creature living in Toy-Con House and discover different ways to interact and play with it on the Nintendo Switch screen. There are a variety of experiences to discover, including mine cart races, bowling, and playing jump rope.
- Toy-Con RC Car: The RC Car is full of unique and surprising features. Since the Variety Kit includes materials to build two Toy-Con RC Cars, players can compete in a sumo challenge to try to knock their opponent’s RC Car over, race against a friend, or set up obstacle courses.* Creating a path using the reflective stickers included in the kit allows the car to self-drive along a specific route using the IR Motion Camera on the Right Joy-Con controller.
- Players can build their own wearable Toy-Con Robot suit and assume control of a giant in-game robot, completing challenges and destroying objects to unlock powerful new abilities.
- Competitive players can even challenge a friend* in two-player local battles An additional Robot Kit is required for local co-op mode.*
- Nintendo Labo encourages players to use their imagination and creativity to customise their cardboard Toy-Con creations in a variety of ways, and the Robot Kit even allows them to customise and level-up the in-game robot.
Source: Nintendo PR
This post was written by Mike Scorpio