As nice as it would be to have the online services for every game to remain intact and keep on going for as long as possible, it’s just not feasible, so today Ubisoft are ending the online services for a whole range of games on various platforms, including the Wii U and Wii.
For a detailed explanation as to how each game is affected and which games are affected, we have that information right here:
Starting November 11th, we will discontinue the online services for a select few older Ubisoft titles. The full list of all discontinued services can be located HERE.
We are constantly assessing what’s needed to deliver the best possible online services for Ubisoft’s customers. Shuttering the services for some older games with smaller online audiences is a necessary part of this process, since it allows our IT and service staff to better focus on delivering great online experiences to the vast majority of customers who are playing newer, more popular titles. Still, we don’t take the decision to retire services for an older Ubisoft game lightly, and we understand some of you may disappointed by this news. We are happy to have fans who are as committed as you have been to these brands and titles, and we hope that you’ll find more recent or upcoming Ubisoft games about which you can be equally as passionate. Thank you for your understand and your support.
Here are a few more specific details:
- The multiplayer online services for the titles listed below will be shut down. The solo features will remain available.
- The Ingame News and Player Stats services will be shut down for games that have them enabled.
- If the game is Uplay-enabled:
- The Uplay service will no longer be available for the game on consoles.
- Units (Uplay currency) and Actions for the game will be disabled, meaning you will no longer be able to earn Units by completing Actions for the game.
- Rewards will be disabled in-game, meaning that you can still unlock them, but you will not receive them. If you unlock them after the closure of the online service for the game, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team to be refunded.
- The ULC will be disabled, meaning that you will no longer be able to unlock them. On PC, even if you have redeemed them, the ULC will no longer be available. On consoles, the ULC will be available until you decide to reset your saved game files.
- Smurfs 2 (PS3)
- Splinter Cell Blacklist (WII U)
- Flashback Origins (PC)
- Assassin’s Creed Recollections (MAC – IOS)
- Just Dance 4 (PS3)
- Just Dance 4 (WII U)
- Just Dance 4 (Xbox 360)
- Just Dance 3 Greatest Hits (Xbox 360)
- Just Dance Disney Party (WII)
- Just Dance Disney Party (Xbox 360)
- Marvel Avenger Battle for Earth (WII U)
- Marvel Avenger Battle for Earth (Xbox 360)
- Rabbids Land (WII U)
- Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013 (WII U)
- ESPN Sport Connections (WII U)
- Shaun White Skateboarding (PC)
- Shaun White Skateboarding (PS3)
- Shaun White Skateboarding (Xbox 360)
- Shaun White Snowboard (PC)
- Call of Juarez 3: The Cartel (PC)
- HAWX II PC I Am Alive (PS3)
- I Am Alive (Xbox 360)
- Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (PS3)
- Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (Xbox 360)
- Rayman 3 HD (PS3)
- Rayman 3 HD (Xbox 360)
- RUSE PS3 RUSE (Xbox 360)
- Just Dance 3 (Xbox 360)
Source: UbisoftTags: news, Ubisoft, Wii, Wii U
This post was written by Solid Jack