Whether you own an android phone, or an iOS device, you can now download the Switch Parental Controls app straight from the App Store or the Google Play Store.
There is however two things that will need to be said, in order to set the app up, you will need a Nintendo account to sign into and you will also be requiring a Nintendo Switch to sync/connect the app to. So even if you didn’t download it today, you can do so tomorrow when you actually have a Switch to call your own.
Here’s a quick overview of the app as seen on the Google Play Store & App Store:
* * * * *
Nintendo Switch Parental Controls™ is a free app for smart devices to keep you engaged with your family’s gaming activities on Nintendo Switch.
- A Nintendo Switch console is required to use this app.
This is recommended for people worried about things such as:
- Is my child spending too much time playing games?
- What kind of games is my child playing?
- Are the games my child is playing age-appropriate?
Below are three special features of the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app:
- Monitor play time on your console. Set a play-time limit and the console will notify users that the time limit has been reached. Parents and guardians can check the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app to see if the time limit has been followed. It is also possible to suspend gameplay automatically when the play-time limit is reached.
- Check up on your console’s gameplay. The summary function allows you to easily see what games have been played on the console recently and how much time was spent playing each day. Users will receive a push notification for their daily play summary for the first such summary. Monthly play summaries will always be received via push notifications. It’s an easy way to see what kind of games your family is interested in.
- Restrict console features for safety. Nintendo Switch functions can be restricted to prevent the console from playing games above a certain age rating.
- An Internet connection is required to use this app. Cellular data may be used. A general Nintendo Account (for ages 18 and up) is also required.
- Restrictions to Nintendo eShop purchases can be set from Nintendo Account settings.
- Your use of this app is subject to the Nintendo Account User Agreement available at support.nintendo.com.
* * * * *
This post was written by Solid Jack