Rebranded as Deluxe, Mario Kart 8 is coming to the Switch with all the dlc we saw before!
But fun fact about Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, did you know that it will always run at 60 FPS when 1 to 2 players are playing, but if there are 3 to 4 playing, it will drop to 30 FPS? I don’t know about you, but I find that interesting and because I like facts, here’s the fact sheet for the Mario Kart port:
Race and battle your friends in the definitive version of Mario Kart 8:
“Hit the road with the definitive version of Mario Kart 8 and play anytime, anywhere! Race your friends or battle them in a revised battle mode on new and returning battle courses. Play locally in up to 4-player multiplayer in 1080p while playing in TV Mode. Every track from the Wii U version, including DLC, makes a glorious return. Plus, the Inklings appear as all-new guest characters, along with returning favorites, such as King Boo, Dry Bones, and Bowser Jr.!
- Race your friends in the definitive version of Mario Kart 8, only on Nintendo Switch!
- Race as every character on every track from the Wii U version, including DLC characters and tracks.
- Pop some balloons in the revamped Battle mode, complete with Balloon Battle and Bob-omb Blast.
- Battle on new courses, like Urchin Underpass and Battle Stadium, or returning ones, such as GCN Luigi’s Mansion and SNES Battle Course 1.Inkling Girl & Inkling Boy from Splatoon, King Boo, Dry Bones, and Bowser Jr. join the roster!
- Players can choose a new Smart Steering feature which makes driving and staying on the track easy for novice players and kids even at 200ccThree new vehicles have been added, two are even inspired by Splatoon.
- Carry two items at the same time
- Returning items include Boo, the item stealing ghost, and the Feather, which gives you a high jump in battle mode.
- Play your friends in local wireless multiplayer with up to 8 players.
- Drive through in 1080p HD quality in TV mode.
- Play on the go with handheld mode and play anytime, anywhere.”
And now it’s footage time!
Despite the fact Mario Kart 8 Switch is a port, aspiring Switch owners will not be able to get their hands on it until the 28th of April, 2017.
Footage, January Feature, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, news, NinEverything, Nintendo, Nintendo Switch
This post was written by Jack Longman