So it turns out OBE1plays has a lot more Nintendo Switch news and rumours to chew on, besides the Assassin’s Creed for Nintendo Switch news he already made public and this time frequently proven true Switch news leaker Laura Kate Dale, was on hand to share what she knows as well.
Oh how quick a simple stream of Splatoon can turn into something that provides answers to what a lot of us have been asking and since the video is a little over 30 minutes, below you can find a round-up on everything that was covered, originally complied by Nintendo Life:
- There’s a record button on the left Joy-Con.
- There will be no friend codes, DeNA is helping Nintendo with the networking.
- The leak from Reddit user ‘Genos’ is fake.
- Laura was asked if there was the possibility of Red Dead Redemption 2 or Overwatch coming to the Switch. Regarding Red Dead, she stated that there’s almost no way it’s going to happen due to Rockstar’s relationship with Nintendo. She assures that Overwatch wouldn’t be there at launch, and the two stated that it would require a massively overhauled port due to the ‘always-online’ nature of the title.
- Don’t expect a delay for the Nintendo Switch.
- Laura was asked about voice-chat, before she was going to answer she asked if she could say anything due to OBE1 releasing a video detailing it out soon. This basically confirmed the fact that it’s going to be included, smooth move guys.
- The system will have Bluetooth, not sure to what extent.
- The Joy-Cons will be available to be purchased separately at launch date. Docks will be purchasable after 6 months and will be ‘cheap’.
- There won’t be a bundle that includes the Pro Controller, they will be purchasable separately.
- The battery will last around 3 hours with everything at maximum.
- The charging port is USB and will easily and quickly charge the system.
- Only expect three virtual console GameCube games at launch, they will be optimized for their original resolutions.
- At launch there will only be one colour of the Switch, and it will be the default grey. However, there’s a slight chance that there will be multiple colors after launch.
- The right Joy-Con has an IR pointer akin to the Wiimote, this will allow touch-screen functionalities while docked.
- The entry bundle for the switch will have 32GB of on-board storage, Micro SD card support will extend to 128 GB.
- When asked about Mass Effect Andromeda, she brought up the point that Mass Effect 3 sold horrendously on Wii U and that there are no plans to release the title.
However until Nintendo officially comment on any of this, it is all just rumours and speculation, but should even half of these turn out to be true, a lot of us are going to be over the moon!
Laura Kate Dale, nintendo life, Nintendo Switch, OBE1plays, Rumours
This post was written by Solid Jack