*Warning! The following article is one filled of rumours that all pertain to Pokémon Sun & Moon. Should you wish to not read the rumours, then this article is not for you and you should probably read something else Pokémon related instead.
It comes as no surprise there would be so many rumours crawling out of the woodwork, there always is when it comes to Pokémon games, but with more and more of the Sun & Moon rumours coming true, it’s gotten harder to separate the most believable rumours from the very hard to believe. Still try we do and although we are actually trying to cut down on the Sun & Moon rumours here at Miketendo64 (for example, we didn’t write an article regarding the “Complete Alola Pokédex,”) there are still some rumours we can’t help but share.
So just what kind of rumours can you expect to hear about today? Well it seems Rockruff is to be Gen VII’s version of Gen I Eevee, as Rockyruff will have not one but three evolved forms. There’s been another claim that Ash-Greninja will be in Sun & Moon, except instead of being called Ash-Greninja, it will actually be Rainbow Grenininja and that The Pokémon Company is apparently going to be announced by The Pokemon Company during the Closing Ceremony of the Pokemon World Championships 2016 on August 21st and lastly, Marshadow will be the rumoured Dolphin Pokémon we’ve heard about. But even then that’s not all the rumours we have for you today, thanks to pokejungle.net, so here’s the full list of the latest rumours.
- Alola is made up of 4 islands: Melemele, Poni, Ula’Ula, and Akala.
- Post-game has 4 “Island Districts” that aren’t viewable on the map. (Ekahi Island, Elua Island, Ekolu Island, and Kalola Island.)
- Kalos is not available post-game, but Hoomaka Cave on Kalola Island holds a huge easter egg I believe. Deep inside there is a dark entrance guarded by a backpacker that states the railroad is closed for now and only a Pokémon that emits a special light can ignite the way to the other side. No Pokémon in your party will allow you to enter for now.
- Rockruff has 3 evolutions similar to Eevee in RBY. All of them require learning “Howl”.
- Salandit has a split evolution line at level 36, one for Male and one for Female.
- There are 16 Z-Stones, 18 total, with a Trial Captain for 16 of the types. Guzma and Plumeria are holders of the missing Dark and Poison Z-Stones.
- Some Pokémon can change shape/stats after they perform a Z-Move. These include Greninja (Rainbow,) Solgaleo (Radiant,) Lunala (Full Moon,) Marshadow (Eclipse,) Espeon (Dawn) and Umbreon (Dusk.)
- All 47 Mega Stones are accessible on the island districts. There aren’t any new Mega Evolutions.
- There are a total of 128 new Pokémon and 23 Alolan forms. These Alolan forms are all Gen 1 exclusive Pokémon.
- Alolan form Pokémon that are capable of Mega Evolving can do so, Alakazam and Kangaskahn are among these.
- Marshadow, an extremely gorgeous dolphin, has a jewel on its head that emit sparkles so bright, that it’s seen as the emissary of light. Its stats are pretty underwhelming, but it has a cool ability that allows it to have any Psychic-type combination. The second type is random every time it enters the battle field. Even switching out causes it to change.
- The Strange Souvenir item in XY depicts a Ghost/Rock Pokémon from Alola named Gigareki. It’s a giant tiki (different from the Tapu lines) that has an amazing laughing animation when you battle with it. It is said to be the oldest living Pokémon, and seen as a “Teacher” in many ways.
- The NX will be a dual handheld/console set for release next year. Sept 2017 there will be a parent game that features both regions of XYSM exclusive to this console.
- Rainbow Greninja will be revealed by TPC on Aug 21.
- Alolan Alakazam family are fighting type. Alolan Alakazam can mega evolve, keeps the fighting type, and gains No Guard.
- The Z-Bracelet is a key item in your backpack. Selecting it allows you to place 1 mega stone and 1 z stone inside of it. This allows for more crazy strategies because your Mega Pokémon can now hold items like Rayquaza due to this.
- The first district you’re taken too has a slightly upgraded Battle Maison. One of the districts has a Lugia/Ho-Oh depending on your version.
- All Champions from previous games are able to battled on the S.S. Anne while they’re bored. The S.S. Anne brings you to the districts.
- Rainbow Greninja is technically Ash Greninja but with a name change. It will be revealed in the closing ceremony at World’s 2016.
- Meowth that knows “Happy Hour” and OT Alola will be distributed at World’s. Cherish Ball.
At this time we would just like to remind you that all of the above information are merely rumours, so you are under no obligation to believe them, but you can’t deny a few of them sound interesting. Using a Z-Move with a Mega? Mega evolving Alolan Pokémon? (Most likely into the mega form we’ve seen already.) But more importantly we already know there is a Pokémon game headed to the NX and will feature both regions from X&Y and Sun & Moon? That actually does sound like something The Pokémon Company would do and since one of the above rumours claims it will be revealed on August 21st it just means we have until then to see if that information comes true! Bring on next Sunday!
August Feature, Pokejungle.net, Pokemon, Pokemon Moon, Pokemon Sun, Rainbow Greninja, Rumours
This post was written by Jack Longman