Even though the developers of Splatoon said there would be no more weapons or stages added but it seems they still have a few tricks up their sleeve. There is an update coming April 12th in the US and April 13th in the UK and Europe that will bring Eight new weapon sets to the weapon shop Ammo Knights and the introduction of Sheldon’s Picks, where the shop owner of Ammo Knights, Sheldon will be recommended weapon packs that may suit a particular style of play. An adjustment has also been made to the Splatfest power value of rank S+. There are also adjustments to weapons including main, sub & special weapons as well as changes to attacks that reveal enemy positions. Various stages also will be having certain adjustments which are as follows:
- Saltspray Rig: Adjustments to prevent players from taking certain shortcuts in all modes.
- Bluefin Depot: Fixed a problem where players could go inside a certain object in Rainmaker mode.
- Flounder Heights: Adjustments to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in Tower Control mode.
Minor fixes have also been made to fix gameplay issues;
- Fixes an issue wherein players could perform a Super Jump while holding the Rainmaker if their connection speed was exceptionally slow.
- Fixes an issue wherein on rare occasions players near to a Splash Wall wouldn’t suffer damage, even before the Splash Wall is activated.
- Fixes an issue wherein if a placed Suction Bomb comes into contact with a Splash Wall and explodes, sometimes the blast damage would go beyond the Splash Wall.
- Fixes an issue wherein opponents completely hidden by obstacles in the way could be hit by an Inkzooka or Rainmaker attack fired upwards.
- Fixes an issue wherein Splash Walls would sometimes not take damage when hit by an Inkzooka or Rainmaker attack.
- Fixes an issue wherein players could hit opponents on the other side of a Splash Wall with a Rainmaker attack, depending on the position where it hits the Splash Wall.
- Fixes an issue wherein if multiple players set an Ink Mine at the same time, they would sometimes explode on their own, despite not being painted in the opposing colour, no opposing players being close and their maximum time before automatically exploding not being reached.
- Fixes an issue wherein players could take damage from a friendly Ink Mine, depending on their relative position.
- Fixes an issue wherein when aiming at a Kraken on the ground the display wouldn’t change to a cross to indicate it would hit, despite the crosshairs being over the target, and where Seekers would not follow Krakens.
Source: The Sixth AxisTags: Ammo Knights, Gaming, inklings, Miketendo64, Nintendo, Sheldon's Picks, Splatoon, updates, videogames, Wii U
This post was written by Mike Scorpio