Now isn’t that something to smile about?
Back when Pokémon Smile wasn’t just a bizarre concept, but a brand new spin-off game released last year for mobile devices, created as a means of encouraging younger players to brush their teeth, the game was solely made up of Gen 1 Pokémon, but now all of that has changed.
With a version 1.1.0 update available now, new Pokémon Caps and 4 additional Pokémon have been added to the game and they are none other than Smeargle, Ludicolo, Mime Jr. and Dedenne. The update also provides players with a new session length when brushing and gives them the means of new “in-game picture options in the brushing settings menu.”
About Pokémon Smile:
Pokémon Smile helps make toothbrushing a fun habit with Pokémon! Turn toothbrushing into a fun and exciting adventure with Pokémon Smile! Players can partner up with some of their favorite Pokémon to defeat the cavity-causing bacteria and save captured Pokémon. Only by consistently brushing their teeth can they save all the Pokémon, earning the chance to catch them.
- Thorough toothbrushing is the key to catching Pokémon! – Some unlucky Pokémon have been captured by the cavity-causing bacteria inside your mouth! By brushing your teeth, you can defeat these bacteria and save the Pokémon. If you do a great job brushing, you’ll be able to catch the Pokémon you save, too!
- Completing your Pokédex, collecting Pokémon Caps—there are lots of ways to enjoy Pokémon Smile!
- Pokédex: More than 100 adorable Pokémon appear in Pokémon Smile. Build up a habit of brushing your teeth daily to catch them all and complete your Pokédex!
- Pokémon Caps: As you play, you’ll also unlock all kinds of Pokémon Caps—fun and unique hats you can “wear” while brushing!
- Keep it up to become a Brushing Master! – Regularly brushing your teeth will earn you Brushing Awards. Collect all the Brushing Awards, and become a Brushing Master!
- Decorate your favorite photos for fun! – While you brush, you can let the game snap a few photos of your great brushing in action. Choose your favorite shot, and then have some fun decorating it with a variety of stickers! Keep brushing your teeth daily, and you’ll continue to collect more stickers you can use to decorate your photos.
And more useful features!:
- Toothbrushing guidance: Players will be guided through the toothbrushing process, helping them to brush all areas of their mouth.
- Notifications: Create up to three reminders a day to notify players when it’s time to brush!
- Duration: Choose how long each toothbrushing session should last: one, two, or three minutes. That way, the needs of users of all ages can be accommodated.
- Support for up to three user profiles, allowing multiple players to save their progress.
- Toothbrushing tips – After each brushing session, you’ll also be able to pick up some helpful tips for how to brush the best you can, based on advice from dental professionals.
- Important notes:
- Internet connection required. Data-usage fees may apply.
- This app is not intended to prevent or treat cavities, nor does it guarantee that players will gain a liking for toothbrushing or make it a habit.
- When Pokémon Smile is being played by a child, a parent or guardian should always be present and support the child in their toothbrushing to avoid accidents.
Source: Google Play Store via Serebii