If you’re looking for a brand new Pokémon adventure that doesn’t take place on the Isle of Armor, perhaps you should consider Pokémon Café Mix? A newly released free-to-start game available on mobile devices and Nintendo Switch, and in this guide, we’re going to be covering how upgrades work:
Section 1: What is Pokémon Café Mix?
Pokémon Café Mix is a puzzle game where players run a café and must link together Pokémon icons, in a bid to solve various puzzles, whip up all manner of Pokémon-themed food items and recruit café patrons to your staff.
Only, instead of each puzzle being referred to as a level, they are called “Orders” and by completing Orders, players can unlock all manner of upgrades.
Section 2: What kind of Upgrades are we talking about?
Upgrades consist of 3 things, Decorations being put up, new Utilities and Café Extensions. Unlike the utilities, which allows the players to create new menu items, both the extensions and decorations allow players the means of getting new Pokémon to visit their café and potentially get them to join your staff.
Section 3: How to Obtain the Café Upgrades?
To obtain the upgrades, players will want to complete enough Orders to reach the next goalpost and receive the latest extension/utility/decoration.
Section 4: What Pokémon Patrons can I receive from the Upgrades?
With Eevee acting as your starter, the full list of known Pokémon consists of:
- Bulbasaur (#001) – Order 75 onwards
- Charmander (#004) – From the beginning
- Squirtle (#007) – Order 35 onwards
- Pikachu (#025) – Login Bonus (Day 5)
- Sweets Pikachu (#025) – Paid DLC (Special Pikachu Pack)
- Super Chef Pikachu (#025) – Costs 180 Master Points in the Swap Shop
- Jigglypuff (#039) – Order 110 onwards
- Meowth (#052) – Order 95 onwards
- Eevee (#133) – Starter
- Super Chef Eevee (#133) – Costs 180 Master Points in the Swap Shop
- Togepi (#175) – Order 25 onwards
- Snubull (#209) – From the beginning
- Kirlia (#281) – Café Extension (Order #46)
- Starly (#396) – Order 55 onwards
- Munchlax (#446) – Order 25 onwards
- Lucario (#449) – Order 130 onwards
- Stoutland (#508) – Café Extension (Order #86)
- Minccino (#572) – From the beginning
- Slurpuff (#685) – Café Extension (Order #10)
- Steenee (#762) – Order 65 onwards
In addition to regular Pokémon Patrons, there are also Special Pokémon players can befriend, during events. A very short list of all known Special Customer Pokémon can be seen here:
- Scorbunny (#813) – Will visit your Café as part of a special event running from July 1 – July 15, 2020 (Befriend the same way you would any Pokémon Patron)
- Sobble (#816) – Will visit your Café as part of a special event running from July 15 – July 29, 2020 (Befriend the same way you would any Pokémon Patron)
Section 5: Pokémon Café Upgrades
The following is a breakdown of the different available upgrades:
- Order #10 – Slurpuff (New Pokémon)
- Order #46 – Kirlia (New Pokémon)
- Order #86 – Stoutland (New Pokémon)
- Order #26 (Burger cushion & egg planters) – Togepi (New Pokémon)
- Order #26 (Burger cushion & egg planters) – Munchlax (New Pokémon)
- Order #36 (Decorative Bubbles) – Squirtle (New Pokémon)
- Order #55 (Birdbath) – Starly (New Pokémon)
- Order #66 (Flower stand) – Steenee (New Pokémon)
- Order #76 (Ivy curtain) – Bulbasaur (New Pokémon)
- Order #96 (Shiny Mirror) – Meowth (New Pokémon)
- Order #111 (Phonograph) – Jigglypuff (New Pokémon)
- Order #131 (Aura Globe) – Lucario (New Pokémon)
- Order #6 (Tea shelf) – Lilligant Floral Tea (New Menu Item)
- Order #11 (Whipped-cream dispenser) – Fluffy Eevee Pancakes (New Menu Item)
- Order #16 (Tomato planters) – Dugtrio Sandwich Trio (New Menu Item)
- Order #21 (Nut tree) – Nutty Buneary Frappé (New Menu Item)
- Order #31 (Bottle of oil) – Yummy Yamper Pasta (New Menu Item)
- Order #41 (Honey pot) – Combee Waffles with Honey (New Menu Item)
- Order #51 (Marshmallow jar) – Hot Litwick Cocoa (New Menu Item)
- Order #56 (Cheese cabinet) – Cheesy Rowlet Pizza (New Menu Item)
- Order #61 (Soda maker) – Poppin’ Pachirisu Float (New Menu Item)
- Order #71 (Veggie crate) – Piquant Pikachu Curry (New Menu Item)
- Order #81 (Shaved-ice machine) – Swablu Shaved Ice (New Menu Item)
- Order #91 (Caramel jar) – Burnt-Caramel Vulpix Sundae (New Menu Item)
- Order #101 (Pumpkin garden) – Gratin a la Pumpkaboo (New Menu Item)
- Order #121 (Popcorn Machine) – Rainbow Oricorio Popcorn (New Menu Item)
- Order #141 (Piping-bag stand) – Decorated Alcremie Cupcakes (New Menu Item)
We hope you found this guide helpful.
This post was written by Solid Jack