An update for Darksiders Genesis has been circulating for each platform that the game has released on. The 1.0.3 update first released back on March 20th for Steam. It has now made the rounds onto Switch but we don’t know when the update became available.
This new patch fixes quite a large number of issues that some people have been experiencing with the game as well as some QoL adjustments like adding a ping and location marker to show where the character is on the map, items will now mark themselves off properly when collected as well as individual fixes in each level as well as the hub world.
The patch notes were shared on the Steam Community page by one of the Darksiders Genesis developers who goes by MegalomaniacNG on the site. We have listed the patch notes below for easy viewing.
Darksiders Genesis – Patch #4 – Fixes & Map Position Feature
Map: Added a ping and location marker to show the area the player is in.
- Map will now recenter back to the player location when opened.
- More fixes to items not showing on the map and not getting crossed off the map when collected.
- Fixed location names showing on an empty map (before you had collected the map).
HUB: Leviathan’s Landing:
- Collision is more consistent across all sections.
- Timing and platforming elements have been adjusted to make jumps more reliable.
- Temporary shortcuts added when completing parts of section 3.
- Spacing and timing made more forgiving on the final sequence of section 3.
- Options: Added an option to set the right and left stick deadzones.
- Missing Trickster Keys that have previously been collected will be restored on reloading a save. This fixes the issue of not being able to open the final door even though you collected all the Trickster Keys.
- MP: If a client disconnected or closed their game during a loading screen the host would hang indefinitely at the loading screen. Fixed!
- MP: Fixed an issue with ledge spikes not working properly or syncing correctly for the client.
- MP: Issues with camera becoming detached from player have been fixed.
- MP: Fixed issues with Aether Spark traveling through void portals when controlled by client player.
- Splitscreen: Player/enemy silhouettes when occluded by environment are now also shown in split screen.
- HUB: Fixed missing collision behind the trickster door that could cause the player to get stuck.
- HUB: Fixed an issue where it shows War’s portrait during Strife’s dialogue when talking to Dis.
- HUB: Fixed a spot around the Void Well where the player could get stuck.
- Strife: Static shot now correctly chains between yellow grubs.
- Strife: Activating Shadow Clone on top of caltops no longer detonates the caltrops.
- Wingclip & Deathtouch VFX now displays properly on Tidehunters, the Grinner Boss, Skeletal soldiers/archers, Infernal Angels, and Fallen Hounds.
- Fixed some spelling and grammar errors across the game.
- Fixed various issues with localization (bad tags, translation errors, etc).
- Updated the Health Core description in the creature core guide with the appropriate Health Core description.
- Level 01: Splitscreen: Added split screen camera volumes in areas that had geo blocking the players view making it easier to see.
- Level 01: MP: Players no longer spawn behind the fog door if they die.
- Level 01: Hollow Fiend now takes damage from Strife’s standard shot during his attacks.
- Level 01: Hollow Fiend can now hit the player when standing in specific spots.
- Level 01: Fixed enemies not spawning when loading a save on the bridge.
- Level 01: Fixed a spot on the wall near the first ballista that would cause the player to respawn as if they had fallen off the map.
- Level 01: Bridge to the trickster door now requires both crystals be hit to activate.
- Level 02: Legion Champion can now jump across platforms properly.
- Level 03: Fixed an issue where the forge in the Trickster room couldn’t be used if the ingots were collected in a certain order.
- Level 04: MP: Fixed an issue where the client’s camera could become disconnected from the character.
- Level 04: Legion Champion at the Southern Beacon is no longer stuck in the terrain.
- Level 04: Enemies no longer attack the player during a cutscene.
- Level 04: Fixed collision near the south-eastern beacon.
- Level 04: Frozen Fleamags now have collision.
- Level 04: Fixed an issue where quitting the game after the Molten Hound fight would block further progress.
- Level 05: MP: Dying during the final fight no longer respawns players behind the barrier.
- Level 05: Splitscreen: Dying to the Houndmaster no longer teleports the player outside the arena.
- Level 05: “Respect for animals” quest now tracks properly.
- Level 05: It now requires all 4 torches be lit in the Trickster room to open the gate.
- Level 07: Splitscreen: Players no longer get stuck if one player triggers a cut-scene.
- Level 07: Why’d it have to be snakes side quest now tracks properly, and all the snakes are more accessible.
- Level 07: Fixed an issues where the Borrower could teleport out of range, locking the Epic chest.
- Level 07: Removed extra collision on a platform in the first puzzle area.
- Level 09: Fixed Belial’s ground attack VFX not always displaying.
- Level 10: Astarte’s lap counter no longer breaks and stops at lap 10.
- Level 14: Caltrops no longer fall through the floor in the Houndmaster arena.
- Level 15: Camera no longer clips into the environment near the first soul chest.
- Level 16: Moloch’s arena now shows on the map.
- Audio: Fixed some sounds that were unaffected by the volume sliders.
- Fixed Mammon’s icon showing up when Tidecaller taunted.
- Grubs will no longer get knocked out of their burrow animations when taking damage.
- Quests: Fixed an issue with previously completed levels on Mayhem not awarding credit for beating the level on Hard.
- Quests: Health and Wrath cores purchased from Vulgrim now count properly towards the quest progression.
- Quests: Complete all levels on certain a certain difficulty quest no longer requires Wicked K to be defeated(16 total instead of 17).
Source: MegalomaniacNG (Steam)
Tags: Darksiders Genesis, Darksiders Genesis 1.0.3 update, Darksiders Genesis Nintendo Switch, Gaming, Nintendo, Nintendo Switch, THQ Nordic, update
This post was written by Mike Scorpio