Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York is getting a stand-alone expansion in the form of Vampire: The Masquerade – Shadows Of New York. This expansion will release sometime in 2020 for Nintendo Switch, PC, Xbox One and PS4. It will expand on the Vampire: The Masquerade universe with its own unique and personal story.
We have a trailer and more details for Vampire: The Masquerade – Shadows of New York below.
Vampire: The Masquerade – Shadows of New York announced!
The stand-alone expansion to Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York to launch in 2020.
Draw Distance, a Polish indie games development studio and publisher, creator of Serial Cleaner, Halls of Horror for Mixer, Ritual: Crown of Horns, Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York and other multiplatform titles is happy to officially announce Vampire: The Masquerade – Shadows of New York – a stand-alone expansion and a companion piece to VtM – Coteries of New York.
Vampire: The Masquerade – Shadows of New York description and features:
Your old life is dead and buried. You have no afterlife to look forward to, and your vampiric unlife is about to fall apart unless you solve an unsolvable crime. Welcome to New York City… and welcome to the Lasombra clan, where failure is not an option.
You’re a nobody. An outcast in your own vampiric sect. A political prisoner of no particular value. An immigrant who never found her roots in a city of immigrants. A chainsmoker whose favorite pastime is staring blankly at the streets through the windows of a fast food joint at 4AM. The sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach tells you that you’re doomed, and distorted voices from the shadows seem to agree. The curse of your clan makes interacting with everyday technology difficult.
Dissociation is your natural state. But when New York’s Anarch leader meets a gruesome end, out of all the bloodsuckers in the metropolis, you’re the one picked to investigate. Make no mistake: this is obviously a trap, yet another move in the horrible game of Jyhad, the eternal struggle for power between warring vampire generations. But you’re Lasombra, and if there’s one thing you know, it’s this: if the Ventrue Prince and her followers underestimate you, they’re going to deeply regret it.
Vampire: The Masquerade – Shadows of New York is a visual novel set in the rich universe of Vampire: The Masquerade. It acts as a stand-alone expansion and a companion piece to our previous title, Coteries of New York. While Coteries was a general introduction to the world depicted in the 5th Edition of the hit tabletop role-playing game, Shadows present a more personal and unique tale.
- A visual novel tackling themes of personal and political horror, suitable for both Vampire: The Masquerade veterans, and fans of narrative-driven games who are newcomers to the setting.
- A stand-alone expansion to Coteries of New York. See the familiar metropolis through entirely different undead eyes. Expect new characters, new locations and an original soundtrack.
- Play as a member of the Lasombra clan. Formerly vicious foes of the Camarilla, the Magisters decided to search for safety in the ranks of their former enemies. Master the shadows and communicate with the inhabitants of the Other Side, but beware – Oblivion is always lurking out there, ready to devour you whole.
- Explore the streets of the Big Apple. While you search for ways to satiate your bloodthirst, catch glimpses of various fascinating vignettes and forge connections with the eccentric inhabitants of the city. One playthrough won’t be enough to see it all.
- Shape your mind, shape your fate. You used to avoid defining yourself and tried to stay neutral, but given your situation, you can no longer afford to do so. The choices you make will alter the way you think, and your thinking will alter the paths you take.
Vampire: The Masquerade – Shadows of New York is coming to PC (Windows, Mac OS, Linux), Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Xbox One in 2020
Source: Draw Distance PR
This post was written by Mike Scorpio