July 4, 2019 11:06 am
It’s no secret that while Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night has proved more popular on the Nintendo Switch than other consoles, it does have rather a lot of bugs and we don’t mean creepy-crawlies. There are a number of issues that have reared their ugly heads but Koji Igarashi and his team are aware of them and have a patch update on the way.
Taking to their Kickstarter page, Igarashi published a new post update to let backers know a patch update is coming and what it consists of. He also added that the “Iga’s Back Pack” DLC has been approved by Nintendo and it’s release is imminent.
We have the full details concerning the Switch version below.
Nintendo Switch (Status—fix being tested)
- The fix is currently in test, the submission date we were working toward has been delayed due to a graphical bug that has reemerged.
- We anticipate testing will be completed by next week, which would mean an ETA of public release during the week of July 15, 2019.
- Map close button has been remapped to standard exit/close button
- Marker button has been changed
- Trail display button has been changed
- Map scroll speed improved
- Zoom in and zoom out improved
- Zoom level retained when reopening the map
- Auto-center when opening the map
- Bug fix: No longer displaying enemies for completed quests
Fixed items getting stuck on walls/geometry
- The functionality of waiting until the item is collected automatically has been left in, in case the issue persists.
- HD Rumble issues in certain areas of the game have been fixed
- Enabled Traditional Chinese language option
- Fixed instances where the game would crash while transitioning between rooms
- Work has been done on the technical “non-visible” side of things to improve input delay, stability, and various optimizations. The teams are continuing to work on these items and we’ll have future updates and plans to share soon.
“Iga’s Back Pack” DLC
Nintendo Switch (Status—DLC approved, release imminent)
- The DLC has been approved by Nintendo, we’re just taking the final steps to make it go live.
Source: Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night Kickstarter
Tags: 505 Games, Bloodstained, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, kickstarter, Koji Igarashi, Nintendo, Nintendo Switch, Patch Update
Categorised in: Announcement, News, Nintendo, Nintendo Switch
This post was written by Mike Scorpio