Time sure flies by when you’re catching Pokémon! Pokémon Go is fast approaching it’s 3rd anniversary and with it arrives some brand new events ingame to celebrate! Starting tomorrow, find Shiny Alolan Pokémon, special Avatar items based on the team leaders, a brand new special research, and other ingame bonuses. You can read the full details below Let’s GO!
Happy third anniversary, Pokémon GO!
They say third time’s the charm. Pokémon journeys begin with a choice between three Pokémon. Your journey in Pokémon GO involved joining one of three teams. Today, we celebrate the third anniversary of Pokémon GO’s release! Throughout this incredible journey, we’ve made countless memories along the way.
To commemorate this incredible milestone, you can look forward to these exciting features!
New features starting on June 28 at 1 p.m. PDT
- Shiny Alolan Pokémon — You’ll have a chance of encountering the following Shiny Alolan Pokémon: Rattata, Sandshrew, Vulpix, Diglett, Meowth, Geodude, Grimer, and Exeggutor.
- Team leader avatar items — Avatar items featuring the team leaders’ personal styles will be available in the Style Shop.
From June 28, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT to July 6, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT
- A familiar face returns to the party! — Once per day, you might have the chance to encounter a Pikachu wearing a party hat when you take a GO Snapshot photo! Pichu wearing a party hat will also be available to hatch from 7 km eggs.
From June 28, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT to September 2, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT
- Jump-Start Research — Looking to get up to speed with your research? Do you have a friend who wants to play but feels they’ve missed out on too much in Pokémon GO? Don’t worry! Trainers can complete new Special Research for helpful rewards that will jump-start their new or continuing adventures. This Special Research is only available this summer for players at level 10 or higher, so be sure to let your friends know about this opportunity to join in and get special rewards.
- Raid bonuses — Take down Raid Bosses faster and earn extra bonus Premier Balls to catch them with when you raid with friends.
- Decreased Stardust costs for trading — Trading Pokémon will cost ¼ less Stardust.
Remember, Trainers: play more with your friends this summer to get the most out of raids and trading!
We couldn’t have reached this epic milestone without you all. Thank you, Trainers, for your continued passion for Pokémon GO and for joining us on this amazing adventure. In the words of our favorite professor, “Let’s GO!”
—The Pokémon GO Team
This post was written by Switch Nindies