With the showcase and presentation of DOOM Eternal at Bethesda’s E3 Conference behind us now, we can take a breather to process what we have learned about the game. First Off, it will be releasing on November 22nd, 2019. There will be all new demons as well as the familiar ones and so many new and creative ways to rip, tear, maim, blast and disintegrate them.
The Doom Slayer is also armed with a shoulder-mounted Flamethrower and wrist-mounted DOOM Blade to get up close and personal as well as all-new weapons to enjoy decimations from afar. Following on from the events of the previous game, Doom Slayer returns to Earth to find is has been invaded by the Demons of Hell. Send them back to where they came from by any means necessary.
An all new mode built from the ground up; Battle Mode. Two players control Demons and go up against another player controlling the Doom Slayer. It’s Strategy vs. Skill in this 2 against 1 in this intense Multiplayer mode.
For anyone who pre-orders DOOM Eternal, they will receive the Rip and Tear Pack. This pack includes the Throwback Shotgun Weapon skin, DOOT Revenant Skin, and the Bonus Campaign Master Level.
Alongside the standard edition, there will be a Deluxe Edition, which will be available for the Nintendo Switch as well. The Deluxe edtion will include a Year One Pass that contains two DLC packs. The Demonic Slayer Skin and the Classic Weaposn Sound Pack will be included as well. Not to be outdone though, there is also the Collector’s Edition which will include a en exclusive steelbook, a Lore book by id Software, The Gift Of Argent Power 11×17-inch lithograph a Doom Slayer helmet that can actually be worn and all extra digital content included in the Deluxe Edition.
We have an overview of the game below which goes into more detail about each feature:
Developed by id Software, Doom Eternal is the direct sequel to Doom, winner of The Game Awards’ Best Action Game of 2016. Experience the ultimate combination of speed and power as you rip-and-tear your way across dimensions with the next leap in push-forward, first-person combat. Powered by idTech 7 and set to an all-new pulse-pounding soundtrack composed by Mick Gordon, DOOM Eternal puts you in control of the unstoppable Doom Slayer as you blow apart new and classic demons with powerful weapons in unbelievable and never-before-seen worlds.
As the Doom Slayer, you return to find Earth has suffered a demonic invasion. Raze Hell and discover the Slayer’s origins and his enduring mission to rip and tear…until it is done.
- Slayer Threat Level at Maximum – Gain access to the latest demon-killing tech with the Doom Slayer’s advanced Praetor Suit, including a shoulder-mounted flamethrower and the retractable wrist-mounted Doom Blade. Upgraded guns and mods, such as the Super Shotgun’s new distance-closing Meat Hook attachment, and abilities like the Double Dash make you faster, stronger, and more versatile than ever.
- Unholy Trinity – You can’t kill demons when you’re dead, and you can’t stay alive without resources. Take what you need from your enemies: Glory kill for extra health, incinerate for armor, and chainsaw demons to stock up on ammo. These tools are the key to your survival and becoming the ultimate demon-slayer.
- A New Class of (Destructible) Demon – Obliterate more demons than ever before, each with unique attacks and abilities. Fan-favorite classics such as the Pain Elemental, Archvile, and Arachnotron make their return, while a horde of totally-new demons join the roster including the Doom Hunter, Marauder, and the Gladiator. Rip apart your favorite demons to the core with Doom Eternal’s “destructible demons” system and take your power fantasy to new levels.
- Demonic Invasion Detected – As the Slayer, allow other players to invade your campaign as demons for a dramatic and unpredictable twist anytime you’re playing the campaign. Or be a demon and invade other players’ campaigns either by yourself or with someone else to give the Slayer a true taste of Hell.
- Enter Battlemode – Battlemode is the new two-versus-one multiplayer experience built from the ground up at id Software. A fully-armed Doom Slayer faces off against two player-controlled demons, duking it out over three rounds of intense first-person combat. More details coming soon!
Of course, last but certainly not least, we have a image of the offical Switch Box Art for DOOM Eternal. You can check it out below.
This post was written by Mike Scorpio