A new TV Series based on Street Fighter is in the works. A deal has been secured by Entertainment One and Mark Gordon. Jacqueline Quelia, Joey Ansah and Mark Wooding will executive produce the TV series. They have already have experience in working with the franchise as they have worked together before on the live-action web series.
Here are the details that have been unveiled so far:
– Will draw on the World Warrior story-arc as the jumping off point
– Centers on four protagonists: Ryu, Ken, Guile and Chun-Li
– Together, they fight to take down M. Bison, the evil mastermind who runs Shadaloo, a global criminal organization
– Though on different journeys, our heroes’ paths will cross as they are drawn into the World Warrior Tournament, a competition devised by M. Bison to find the most powerful and capable fighter in the world
– On the journey they come to share, they must draw on their strength, skills, intelligence and loyalty in a battle to survive and emerge as the World Warrior
Executive Producer for the TV series, Yoshinoro Ono, gave this statement about the news:
“After a long search, guided by the team behind Assassin’s Fist, we are delighted to be partnering with a company with the outstanding TV experience of Mark Gordon and eOne. They have the credentials to help us launch a faithful adaptation of Street Fighter as a major TV series.”
It’s not known if production has begun but we are probably be waiting a while before the Street Fighter TV Series recieves a premiere window.
Source: Deadline.comTags: Capcom, Gaming, Street fighter, Street Fighter TV Series, videogames
This post was written by Mike Scorpio