Have you ever wanted to work for the company that creates the Pokémon Games? Well, Game Freak have launched a recruitment page on their website looking for Programmers, Graphic Designers and Planners.
They ideally want people that are graduating in 2019 or the very least within the last 3 years. Here are is the criterial they are looking for.
- Looking for people who are graduating in 2019 or those who have graduated within 3 years (2016 – 2018)
- interested in a programmer (coding games in C++), graphic designer (designing artwork for games and implementing them), and planner (project planning)
- developers working at Game Freak can expect to take home 220,000 yen a month (USD1953)
- “lowest guaranteed” annual salary is 3,459,905 yen (USD30,723)
- lowest guaranteed annual salary is increased to 4,019,873 yen (USD35,696) next fiscal year
- bonuses are distributed twice a year in July and December
- exceptional employees can expect more monetary rewards
- allowances for working at home, working on public holidays, fully paid travel expenses, and management compensation
- paid vacation leave, summer vacation, and New Year vacation
- work from Monday to Friday for 8 hours (flexible timing system included).
- programmers will have to send samples of their work (source files and executable files) and a list of details (how long they have been coding, number of members they have worked with, etc)
- those vying to become a graphic designer are required to send their portfolio
- planners need to send two business proposals for a Nintendo Switch game that has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise
- applications close on February 2, 2018
Source: Game Freak & NintendoSoupTags: Feature, Game Freak, Gaming, Miketendo64, Nintendo, Pokemon, videogames
This post was written by Mike Scorpio