With every update that comes out, Dataminers go to town to find those well hidden secrets that might be hiding deep with the new update’s files. Splatoon 2 is no exception and it’s latest update (ver. 1.1.1) is now under scrutiny. Discoveries have been made of course and reveal a vast number of details regarding multiplayer maps, new weapons and most interestingly, files pertaining to octoling models as playable characters.
Below is a list of details that have been compiled by Reddit User OatmealDome.
- Incomplete files for revamped versions of Kelp Dome and Blackbelly Skatepark have been introduced in the 1.1.1 update
- There are additional maps named
Tunnelwhich are in development
- Placeholder images for maps revealed in the Direct named Kawa and Pillar are present. (thanks to the people at TCRF!)
- Nintendo is including testing versions of Shifty Station in the updates; however, for Splatfest the game downloads the real stage model and layout file separately. This explains why the existing files include debug and test objects.
- The developers are currently testing new Salmon Run stages with internal names of
Threepoints. New files for these maps have been introduced in the 1.1.1 update as well. These are the last of the 4 planned stages for Salmon Run as of version 1.0.0.
- Grizzco brand weapons are in the works. A Blaster, Charger, and Brella were found in the files.
- A new weapon type called the Squeezer is in development. Here is Sheldon’s explanation text for the Squeezer and an alternate version of it.
- You can find more about upcoming weapons on the full Splatoon 2 weapons list. (Thank you Lean for providing this service!)
- What was known as the player’s gender from the original Splatoon has now been replaced by a parameter called
- Another parameter called
PlayerTypeshares the same values as another parameter,
- The possible values for these parameters are
- Near those values, we have found an additional value named
OctBoy. This is based solely on information found in the Splatoon 2 executable; we do not have models, text, etc for boy Octolings at the moment.
- Additonally, since the values of
ModelTypeare shared, we cannot confirm that the Octolings will be playable either without testing in-game (which isn’t possible for any of us to do).
Those most of these will probably be put into effect as regards to new multiplayer maps, new weapons and different maps for Salmon Run, It is not known whether we will be able to play as Octolings sometime in the future which was something that quite a number of fans of the previous Splatoon wanted and went to great lengths in order to mod them into the Wii U game which caused them to potentially break the game and be banned by Nintendo.
Of course, this is just a rumour so please treat it as such.
Source: OatmealDome (Reddit)
This post was written by Mike Scorpio