The mad cap game that is De Mambo is now out on the Nintendo Switch. Up to four people can play as they have to force each other off of the stage. Be warned though, if you charge your attack too much, you may miss your oppenent and launch yourself off of the stage instead. We have included the Official Press Release below from the Developers The Dangerous Kitchen.
Ready? Lets Mambo! De Mambo out now on Nintendo Switch™
De Mambo, the spicy action platformer for 1-4 players is out now on the Nintendo Switch™ eShop for the bite-sized price of £9.99/€10.99/$12.99. Get it while it’s hot!
The Dangerous Kitchen’s first born, De Mambo was created solely for pleasure… as you engage in Mambo Combat! Grab a Joy-Con™, charge your measly one button and release at different times to do three different attacks! Knock your opponents off the screen and break the level however you decide (thanks to some flimsy architecture), to make your game marginally different each time you play.
De Mambo launches with 3 modes; ‘Mambo’ where 2-4 players battle it out until one is left standing; ‘Solo’ mode where one player feasts on a mélange of 70+ salivating gameplay challenges; and ‘Survival’ mode the 1-4 player mode where you try and survive… from an onslaught of the evil Personal-space Invaders.
The Dangerous Kitchen will prepare a healthy dose of new content for De Mambo after release, including 26 more ‘Mambo’ levels and new ways to play.
Watch the launch trailer here.
- One Button Action – easy to learn, hard to master gameplay designed to use one action button and the Directional Buttons/Left Stick for movement
- Mambo Multiplayer – roughhouse up to four of your friends/enemies in 25 stages of ‘Mambo’
- Flimsy Architecture – breakable environment for reactive gameplay
- Loser Rail – the feature designed to give you a second chance, for those of you not good enough to win
- Solo Mode – 70+ Singleplayer stages designed to test your might
- Survival Mode – Survive the endless waves of Personal-Space invaders as they try and breach your personal space
- Play with up to four players on one Nintendo Switch™ system
- Colour Accessibility – Enhance player visibility, by editing a palette of player colours that best suit you
Release date and pricing
- Release Date Japan: June 29th
- Release Date Rest of World: July 13th
- Price: £9.99, €10.99, $12.99, ¥1,500
Lucy Dove (Designer and producer)
“Nintendo has always been a haven for local multiplayer, and the Switch seems like a natural extension of this. The Switch gives us the opportunity to bring De Mambo to an audience of players hungry for local multiplayer experiences.”
Amit Rai (Coder and animator)
“This being our first game and all, we’re absolutely terrified at how people will react when they play the final version. It’s been such a crazy-long journey and we’re just happy that soon we won’t have to work on this godforsaken game any longer.”
Shaun Roopra (Artist and writer)
“We’re so happy with the game we ended up making, how fun all three modes are and the amount we achieved with so little. It took a while and we died mentally, physically and probably spiritually too, but we wouldn’t change it for the world.”