If you have been taking in by the very addictive and very cute Pokémon: Magikarp Jump, then get ready to spend even more time playing the mobile application, for a new update has arrived.
So what does this Version 1.1.0 update add? Well we’d be better off asking the opposite as the update is packed with so much content that if you had or were close to fully completing the game (getting 100% complete on everything,) then be prepared to do a lot more for there is now a new League added, new events, new Magikarp patterns to fish up and there’s new Friendship Items, Food, Training methods and even new decorations.
Now if this was a news article, we’d then show you a couple of photos and that would be it, but instead this is a Guide, so here’s a Day One detailed run-through of all the new additions, plus photos:
New Support Pokémon (Friendship Items):
- 2 New Pokémon/Items have been added (Greninja & Gengar.)
- Shell Bell costs 500 Diamonds to purchase and allows you to enlist the help of Greninja.
- Shell Bell’s Skill is to award lots of JP and has a Recovery Rate of 5 hours.
- Upon purchase, Shell Bell can be ranked up 4 times for a maximum of 5 stars.
- Black Sludge costs 600 Diamonds to purchase and allows you to enlist the help of Gengar.
- Black Sludge’s Skill is to boost earned JP by 50% for 1 minute and has a Recovery Rate of 14 hours.
- Black Sludge can not be upgraded.
- 2 New Decorations have been added.
- First new Decoration is Lilligant Doll.
- Second new Decoration is Starmie Bubbler.
- Lilligant Doll requires 450 Diamonds to purchase and increases Training Event rate by +6%.
- Starmie Bubbler can only be acquired by beating the Heal League.
- Starmie Bubbler has a Skill Recovery rate of +10%.
New Food Options:
- 2 New Food options have been added to the shop.
- First new Food option is Shalour Sable.
- Second new Food option is Lumiose Galette.
- Shalour Sable requires Trainer Rank 48 to be able to purchase it.
- Lumiose Galette requires Trainer Rank 54 to be able to purchase it.
New Training Options:
- 2 New Training options have been added to the shop.
- First new Food option is Frost Cruncher.
- Second new Food option is Soccer Ball Juggle.
- Frost Cruncher requires Trainer Rank 50 to be able to purchase it.
- Soccer Ball Juggler requires Trainer Rank 56 to be able to purchase it.
New Events Added:
- 2 new Events have been added.
- In order to unlock both the events, players will need to beat the Heal League.
- The first Event (Our Eyes Met) can randomly happen after Training.
- The second Event (Research Money) can randomly happen after successful League Battles.
- In Our Eyes Met, after a training session, a strange man may appear. You will be prompted to look into his eyes or not. Not looking will net you some Jump Power, but if you do look into them, you will be challenged to a surprise battle. Winning earns you Support Candy, whereas losing will cause you to lose Jump Power.
- In Research Money, after winning, Mayor Karp will visit the player and offer you coins for collecting so many different kinds of Magikarp.
- There are now 36 Events in total.
*Due to the fact Miketendo64 has yet to beat the Heal League, we are unable to provide you with further details pertaining to the newly added events.
Hall of Fame:
- A new empty “frame” has been added to the Hall of Fame.
- Upon completion of the Heal League, a photo of the trainer, their winning Magikarp and Heal League Medal, a photo will replace the empty “frame.”
New Magikarp Patterns Added:
- 2 new Pattern types of Magikarp are now available and they are Apricot and Brown.
- All 3 Apricot Pattern Magikarp are as follows: Tiger, Zebra and Stripes.
- All 3 Brown Pattern Magikarp are as follows: Tiger, Zebra and Stripes.
- Counting the Gold Magikarp, there are now 25 Magikarps in all to collect in order to complete your Pattern Dex.
- Apricot and Brown Magikarp can only be acquired with the Rare Old Rod.
- To get the Rare Old Rod, players will need to complete the Heal League.
- Provided you have beaten the Luxury League, the Heal League is now available.
- It is not required to play through the Expert Leagues in order to do the Heal League.
- Beating the Heal League earns you the newly added decoration Starmie Bubbler.
- Heal League consists of 20 Battles/Stages and player’s Magikarp will need to have a Jump Power greater than 135 million.
- Upon completion of the Heal League, players can get the Rare Old Rod.
- Players will also be able to access the Expert Leagues once Heal League has been complete, only all three Expert Leagues are now harder.
- Highest Level to train your Magikarp up to is Level 73.
- Highest Trainer Rank you can acquire is Level 63.
- Motivation Bonus can now go beyond 600%.
As always, we hope you found our little guide helpful.