We’ve been eagerly awaiting a release date for Super Mario Run and now we’ve got one, the 15th of December!
Exactly one month from today, directly from the App Store, anyone with an iPad or an iPhone or both, will be able to download the first true mobile game that stars one of Nintendo’s most iconic protagonists’, for free with the option of purchasing access to the full game. Anyone who doesn’t pay the one time payment of £7.99 pounds ($9.99 US dollars or €9.99 euros if you’re in Europe), for the full Super Mario Run ride, will still be able to play the game, only they will have a very limited experience. An experience which consists of being able to try out any of the following modes:
- Run and jump with style to rescue Princess Peach from Bowser’s clutches!
- Through plains, caverns, Ghost Houses, airships, castles and more…
- Clear 6 worlds filled with 24 brand-new courses designed for mobile play.
- Show off Mario’s stylish moves, compete against your friends and challenge people from all over the world. Through plains, caverns, Ghost Houses, airships, castles and more…
- Compete against the stylish moves of other players for the highest score as you gather coins and get cheered on by a crowd of Toads. If you’re impressive enough, the Toads may even come live in your kingdom.
- You can also perform stylish moves to fill up your gauge and launch into Coin Rush!
*In order to play Toad Rally, you will need Rally Tickets that you can acquire a variety of ways, such as clearing world or through bonus games in your kingdom.
- Gather coins and Toads to build your very own kingdom.
- Create your unique kingdom with buildings and decorations that you purchase with coins collected in your Toad Rally challenges.
*There are over 100 kinds of items in the Kingdom Builder feature!
For anyone looking to pick up the title next month, you will need to make sure your iOS device is operating on iOS 8.0 or later and just in case you wanted to check out the official announcement, you can either click here, or scroll down:
Kyoto, Japan – November 15th 2016:
“The first-ever mobile game featuring the most iconic video game hero of all time goes on sale for iPhone and iPad on 15th December in Europe. Super Mario Run can be downloaded from the App Store at no cost, and players can try elements of the game’s three modes for free. Once the game has been downloaded, a one-time payment of £7.99 will grant unlimited access to each of the three modes in this release.
Super Mario Run is compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices running iOS 8.0 or later. Starting on 15th December, the game will launch in 151 countries and regions. Super Mario Run supports English, Japanese, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Russian and traditional Chinese language options.
Super Mario Run is the first Super Mario Bros. game developed specifically for mobile devices. In the game, Mario runs forward on his own, but relies on the tap of a single finger to jump over obstacles, avoid enemies and reach the flagpole to complete courses.
For more information about Super Mario Run or to pre-register for the game, visit https://supermariorun.com/en/index.html.”
With Super Mario Run & Super Mario Maker 3DS and the very low possibility of a Super Mario Galaxy 3 release next month, it seems the future is indeed coming up Mario! And since no one else has said this yet in their articles, sorry Android users, there’s been no mention with regards to the Android release of the app.