With Minecraft: Wii U Edition now out in the US, having released last week and due out on Thursday for Japan, Minecraft has been making some headlines and will continue to do so as the new update is out now too!
The Battle mini-game is now available thanks to the new update but all is not well as the owners of the Wii U version of Minecraft are currently facing a problem with regards to joining public Battle mini-games, but a fix is on the way!
There is a problem joining public Battle Mini Games on #MinecraftWiiU at the moment. We're working on this with Nintendo.
— 4J Studios (@4JStudios) June 21, 2016
But issues aside, with the new update out, we’ve got our hands on the patch notes, which you can find below:
- Added the Battle Mini-Game.
- Updated the Skin Select menu.
- Added an option for Safe Sprint in the Controls menu. Depending on the controls layout selected, this option moves either the Change Camera Mode or the Sneak/Dismount away from the stick button, since a lot of people are pressing the stick by accident when they start sprinting.
- Enabled Battle Map Pack 1 and Battle Map Pack Season Pass DLC.
- Added Caves and Ravines to Custom Superflat options.
- Added Distribute Items functionality via toggle button (start and confirm distribution). This allows a stack of items to be distributed by dragging the stack across multiple slots in the Inventory.
- Added an AB swap option in the Controls menu for players who prefer the game actions to swapped from the default Nintendo system button actions.
- Fix for an issue causing corrupt save games.
- Fixed a crash when a client player entered a game where the maximum number of Item Frames had opened Maps.
- Fix for Slimes not spawning in Slime Chunks.
- Fixed an issue allowing players to use the Armour Stand when the Trust Players option is disabled.
- Fixed an issue where items could not be moved from the Furnace to the main Inventory using Quick Move.
- Fixed an issue in the Superflat world generation menu with the stem Mushroom Block.