We’ve waited long enough and now we don’t have to wait any more as the latest free Splatoon update is out, along with Sheldon’s Picks Vol.2 so if you haven’t grabbed it yet, what are you waiting for?
Making it into the game, wasn’t the 9 new weapon combos we were lead to believe, but we did get eight and a bunch of bug fixes and the like, so if it’s patch notes you’re after, we’ve got them here:
New Weapons and Gear Added:
- 8 new weapons have been added and will now appear in the weapon shop and become available in the weapon shop after you have viewed the Inkopolis News on 6/8 anytime from 11:00 AM (Pacific Time) onward.
- Two new pieces of gear have also been added and will now appear in their respective shops.
Weapon and Gear Ability Balancing:
- Adjustments have been made to specifications for certain Main and Sub weapons, and gear abilities. (More information on this to follow!)
- Arowana Mall: Adjustment made to prevent players from taking unintended shortcuts in all modes.
- Bluefin Depot: Fixed an issue that allowed players to move inside certain objects in Rainmaker mode.
- Camp Triggerfish: Adjusted the size of the “Don’t retreat!” warning zone near team starting areas.
- Piranha Pit: Adjustment made to prevent players from taking unintended shortcuts in all modes.
Bug Fixes (Multiplayer):
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to jump higher than intended when touching an opponent’s Splash Wall.
*Adjustments have also been made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.
With the new update now out, in all honesty it could very well be the last, but I doubt that, a lot. Next month we see the release of the Squid Sisters very own amiibos and it would be very foolish to not include an extra bit of content, or an update, to revolve around their inclusion. Who knows, we might get a new challenge in which we can play as them, or just change their costumes when they’re presenting the news. Guess we’ll just have to wait and see!
Source: @NE_Brian of Nintendo EverythingTags: free update, Sheldon Picks Vol.2, Sheldon's Picks, Splatoon, Version 2.8.0
This post was written by Jack Longman