With Super Mario Bros. Wonder available now on the Nintendo Switch, the time has come to embark on a wonderful 2D adventure. Mario is back with the extended gang, resulting in a playable roster of 12 characters and with eight worlds to conquer in the Flower Kingdom, we’re on hand to walk you guys through how to obtain every Wonder Seed and Flower Coin available.
To kick things off, we’re going to do a quick little walkthrough to explain the purples of Flower Coins, Wonder Flowers, Wonder Seeds and Secret Exits before diving right into the World 5: Fungi Mines stage, Taily’s Toxic Pond:
What are Flower Coins?
Flower Coins are large purple coins that can be found on given stages. Some will be obviously visible when exploring through levels, but others can be hidden and require players to meet a certain requirement to revel them. On stages where Flower Coins are present, there are three to be found and all are required to count towards a level’s complete completion.
What are Wonder Flowers?
Wonder Flowers are an item players can encounter during a level, which once interacted with, unleashes a Wonder Effect that immediately impacts the current stage. Where there is a Wonder Flower, there is always a Wonder Flower waiting to be discovered.
What are Wonder Seeds?
Wonder Seeds are the main collectable this time around, with Mario and friends needing to collect them in order to advance through the game. One Wonder Seed will always be given to the player upon completing a stage, but a second one can be obtained by activating the Wonder Flower and traversing the Wonder Effect to collect the Wonder Seed.
On some levels, it is possible there is a third Wonder Seed available, but in order to acquire it, players will need to discover the Secret Exit in order to obtain it. Wonder Seeds can also be purchased for 100 Purple Coins at Poplin Shops and through completing Challenge levels.
What are Secret Exits?
Not present on every level, Secret Exits are a secondary exit players can discover by taking a different route and encountering a second Flagpole at the end of the level. Jumping on the Flagpole will end the current level and reward players with a new Wonder Seed.
Every Taily’s Toxic Pond Wonder Seed & Flower Coin:
Flower Coins: 3 | Wonder Seeds: 2
- Flower Coin #1: First, use the Drill power-up to hit the flower bud, to reveal the Flower Coin. Then, avoiding the spiked-ball the Taily shoots, drop down to the lower red mushroom platform to get the Flower Coin.
- Flower Coin #2: Using the Taily if you have to, leap up onto the high mushroom platform and jump upwards into the green pipe. In the new area, use the Drill power0up to burrow into the ceiling and reach the Flower Coin effortlessly, or use the Tailys to swing over to it.
- Flower Coin #3: Just before you get to the red pipe that will take you to the final screen, there is a long yellow block that when hit, allows you to drop through it, landing on the block beneath it. Run into the green pipe and use the Taily to reach the Flower Coin. The Parachute Cap Badge can come in handy here as well.
- Wonder Flower / Wonder Seed #1: In the area where there are three Tailys on the ceiling, kill them all to reveal the Wonder Flower. Once the Wonder Effect is triggered, you will be taken to a new screen where you will need to get three questions right as part of a quiz, pulling on the Tailys with the correct answers, to reveal the Wonder Seed.
- Wonder Seed #2: Reach the end of the stage and climb onto the Flagpole.
As always, we hope you found this guide helpful.