With Super Mario Bros. Wonder available now on the Nintendo Switch, the time has come to embark on a wonderful 2D adventure. Mario is back with the extended gang, resulting in a playable roster of 12 characters and with eight worlds to conquer in the Flower Kingdom, we’re on hand to walk you guys through how to obtain every Wonder Seed and Flower Coin available.
To kick things off, we’re going to do a quick little walkthrough to explain the purples of Flower Coins, Wonder Flowers, Wonder Seeds and Secret Exits before diving right into the Petal Isles stage, Muncher Fields:
What are Flower Coins?
Flower Coins are large purple coins that can be found on given stages. Some will be obviously visible when exploring through levels, but others can be hidden and require players to meet a certain requirement to revel them. On stages where Flower Coins are present, there are three to be found and all are required to count towards a level’s complete completion.
What are Wonder Flowers?
Wonder Flowers are an item players can encounter during a level, which once interacted with, unleashes a Wonder Effect that immediately impacts the current stage. Where there is a Wonder Flower, there is always a Wonder Flower waiting to be discovered.
What are Wonder Seeds?
Wonder Seeds are the main collectable this time around, with Mario and friends needing to collect them in order to advance through the game. One Wonder Seed will always be given to the player upon completing a stage, but a second one can be obtained by activating the Wonder Flower and traversing the Wonder Effect to collect the Wonder Seed.
On some levels, it is possible there is a third Wonder Seed available, but in order to acquire it, players will need to discover the Secret Exit in order to obtain it. Wonder Seeds can also be purchased for 100 Purple Coins at Poplin Shops and through completing Challenge levels.
What are Secret Exits?
Not present on every level, Secret Exits are a secondary exit players can discover by taking a different route and encountering a second Flagpole at the end of the level. Jumping on the Flagpole will end the current level and reward players with a new Wonder Seed.
Every Muncher Fields Wonder Seed & Flower Coin:
Flower Coins: 3 | Wonder Seeds: 2
- Flower Coin #1: Don’t be fooled. The very first Flower Coin you see is actually the second one you collect. To get the first one, head right and enter a pipe to gain access to the background. Run right and destroy the Munchers to cause a pipe to rise up so you can reach the first Flower Coin with ease.
- Flower Coin #2: Still in the background area, use the POW blog to destroy the Munchers, lowering the red pipe so you can access the foreground. Once you’ve hit the elongated Question Mark block, collect the Super Star and run all the way left to collect the Flower Coin you saw at the beginning of the level.
- Flower Coin #3: When you’ve reached the final area with the Flagpole, instead of going right, grab the POW block and use it on the Munchers so you can run through the passage behind them and collect the Flower Coin.
- Wonder Flower / Wonder Seed #1: When you come across the glowing Talking Flower, run past it and ground pound the elongated Question Mark block. Out will jump a Super Star, which you can now use to run left across the Munchers and interact with the Talking Flower. With the Wonder Flower now activated, the Wonder Effect this time around turns your character into a silhouette and you need to navigate new landsacapes to reach the Power Seed.
- Wonder Seed #2: Reach the end of the stage and climb onto the Flagpole.
As always, we hope you found this guide helpful.