With Super Mario Bros. Wonder available now on the Nintendo Switch, the time has come to embark on a wonderful 2D adventure. Mario is back with the extended gang, resulting in a playable roster of 12 characters and with eight worlds to conquer in the Flower Kingdom, we’re on hand to walk you guys through how to obtain every Wonder Seed and Flower Coin available.
To kick things off, we’re going to do a quick little walkthrough to explain the purples of Flower Coins, Wonder Flowers, Wonder Seeds and Secret Exits before diving right into the Petal Isles stage, Bluebird Roost:
What are Flower Coins?
Flower Coins are large purple coins that can be found on given stages. Some will be obviously visible when exploring through levels, but others can be hidden and require players to meet a certain requirement to revel them. On stages where Flower Coins are present, there are three to be found and all are required to count towards a level’s complete completion.
What are Wonder Flowers?
Wonder Flowers are an item players can encounter during a level, which once interacted with, unleashes a Wonder Effect that immediately impacts the current stage. Where there is a Wonder Flower, there is always a Wonder Flower waiting to be discovered.
What are Wonder Seeds?
Wonder Seeds are the main collectable this time around, with Mario and friends needing to collect them in order to advance through the game. One Wonder Seed will always be given to the player upon completing a stage, but a second one can be obtained by activating the Wonder Flower and traversing the Wonder Effect to collect the Wonder Seed.
On some levels, it is possible there is a third Wonder Seed available, but in order to acquire it, players will need to discover the Secret Exit in order to obtain it. Wonder Seeds can also be purchased for 100 Purple Coins at Poplin Shops and through completing Challenge levels.
What are Secret Exits?
Not present on every level, Secret Exits are a secondary exit players can discover by taking a different route and encountering a second Flagpole at the end of the level. Jumping on the Flagpole will end the current level and reward players with a new Wonder Seed.
Every Bluebird Roost Wonder Seed & Flower Coin:
Flower Coins: 3 | Wonder Seeds: 2
- Flower Coin #1: Starting your ascent upwards, a Blewbird will create a platform that you can use to reach the first Flower Coin.
- Flower Coin #2: Instead of going up through the yellow pipe, watch where the nearest Blewbird creates a platform and jump onto it. There is a hidden block that once struck, will cause a vine ladder to appear. Follow it upwards and go through the red pipe to reach the second Flower Coin.
- Flower Coin #3: After the checkpoint flag, start climbing upwards and there will be a flower bud in the wall to the right, which when activated by shooting it with a bubble, causes the third Flower Coin to appear.
- Wonder Flower / Wonder Seed #1: Near the red pipe that would take you to the final area, there are two Blewbirds opposite a spot shining on the ground. Ground slam the spot to make the Wonder Flower. The Wonder Flower will activate, causing the Wonder Effect to commence, which this time, sees the Blewbirds blow large bubbles that you can ride up to the Wonder Flower.
- Wonder Seed #2: Reach the end of the stage and climb onto the Flagpole.
As always, we hope you found this guide helpful.