Part 2 of 4.
As another month properly gets underway, once again, as far as the Nintendo Switch is concerned, there are plenty of interesting, compelling and downright bizarre games to play. Having already covered the likes of It Takes Two, Grand Hike, ET Varginha and 7 Days of Rose, we’re back with Part 2 and of course, we’re kicking things off with Sonic Frontiers:
[Guide] 16 Upcoming Games for Nintendo Switch in November: (Part 2)
Sonic Frontiers (November 8, 2022)
No. of Players: 1 (Single Player)
File Size: 10.4 GB
Worlds are colliding in Sonic the Hedgehog’s newest high-speed adventure! In search of the missing Chaos emeralds, Sonic becomes stranded on an ancient island teeming with unusual creatures. Battle hordes of powerful enemies as you explore a breathtaking world of action, adventure, and mystery. Accelerate to new heights and experience the thrill of high-velocity, open-zone platforming freedom as you race across the five massive Starfall Islands. Jump into adventure, wield the power of the Ancients, and fight to stop these new mysterious foes. Welcome to the evolution of Sonic games!
Experience All-New Open Zone Platforming – Race across five massive overworld islands brimming with dense forests, overflowing waterfalls, and sizzling desert landscapes, each with their own unique action-platforming challenges and hidden secrets to uncover.
Unparalleled High-Speed Freedom – Adventure across the Starfall Islands and see what each has to offer at the speed that only Sonic can deliver. Blaze a trail as you see fit and discover side quests, solve puzzles, scale enormous structures, go fishing, and encounter a friendly face or two along the way…
Challenge Yourself In Cyber Space – Discover portals scattered across the island and venture into Cyber Space levels through portals scattered across the islands featuring signature 3D platforming at Sonic speeds, packed with challenges to put your skills to the test.
Cyber-Powered Combat – The Starfall Islands are home to strange creatures Sonic has never encountered before. Use the all-new battle system and skill tree upgrades to fight strategically, combining moves such as dodges, parries, counters, combos, and the new Cyloop ability to take down mysterious foes and colossal titans.
A New Adventure Full of Mystery and Intrigue – Become Sonic and journey to uncover the mysteries of the remains of an ancient civilization plagued by robotic hordes. With nothing but a handful of questions and a disembodied voice to guide you, set out to save your friends and the enigmatic inhabitants of the Starfall Islands from a colossal, mechanized threat.
Sifu (November 8, 2022)
Genre: Action, Fighting
No. of Players: 1 (Single Player)
File Size: 6.8 GB
Sifu is the story of a young Kung Fu student on a path of revenge, hunting for the murderers of his family. One against all, he has no allies, and countless enemies. He has to rely on his unique mastery of Kung Fu as well as a mysterious pendant to prevail, and preserve his family’s legacy.
- On the path of vengeance – The hunt for your enemies will take you through the hidden corners of the city, from the gang-ridden suburbs to the cold hallways of the corporate towers. You have got one day, and countless enemies on your way. For every mistake, time will be the price to pay.
- Adaptation is the way – Careful positioning and clever use of the environment to your advantage are key to your survival. Use everything at your disposal: throwable objects, makeshift weapons, windows and ledges… The odds are stacked against you, and you will be offered no mercy.
- Training never ends – Kung Fu is mastery through practice, a path for both the body and the mind. Learn from your errors, unlock unique skills, and find the strength within yourself to master the devastating techniques of Pak Mei Kung Fu.
Cobra Kai 2: Dojos Rising (November 8, 2022)
Publisher: Game Mill
Genre: Action, Arcade, Fighting, Adventure
No. of Players: 1 – 2 (Single Player) | 2 (Online)
File Size: 3.7 GB
Eagle Fang, Cobra Kia, Miyagi-do – Which is your dojo? That choice begins your journey, but then it’s up to you to recruit the most powerful team as you master your fighting style and battle to solidify your dojo’s LEGACY as the All Valley Karate Grand Champion!
Key Game Features:
- Exciting Game Modes: Jump into Story Mode and immerse yourself in an exciting new storyline that will have you fighting your way to the All Valley Tournament, or play Cobra Classics and relive epic moments from the show, and more!
- Select your dojo: Choose from Eagle Fang, Cobra Kai or Miyagi-do and alongside your sensei, start training, recruiting and fighting to become the most powerful dojo and seal your destiny as the Grand Champion of the All Valley Tournament.
- 28 playable characters: Play as your favorite characters from the show’s expansive roster and make use of their special abilities and skills along your path to victory!
- Increase your powers: Collect chi and coins to increase your skills. Recruit new dojo members and let their strength bolster your own as you build your dojo into a powerhouse.
- Online VS. Tournament: Jump into online Tournament mode and compete in the All Valley Tournament. Fight your way to secure your legacy as the ultimate champion.
ARK: Dinosaur Discovery (November 9, 2022)
Publisher: Snail Games USA
Genre: Adventure, Education, Action
No. of Players: 1 (Single Player)
File Size: 3.9 GB
Take a journey through the epochs in this family-friendly educational experience that invites players to learn about the fascinating prehistoric creatures which inspired ARK: Survival Evolved.
Explore The Island across land, sea and air where you can discover 64 dinosaurs, all based on their real life, prehistoric counterparts. Ride a huge Tyrannosaurus Rex across the beautiful landscape, soar above the tree tops on the back of a Pteranodon, and even glide through the oceans while riding an ancient Megalodon Shark!
Unlock each creature’s Dino Book for fun-filled science facts and illustrations, all voiced by Madeleine Madden (ARK: The Animated Series, The Wheel of Time) as HLN-A. Cap off your adventure with a custom-built base, choosing from a variety of over 30 building pieces unlocked throughout your adventures.
Can you discover all of the Dinosaurs and become the Ultimate Explorer?
All details regarding the games above were true at the time we sourced them directly from Nintendo’s own website. If there are any changes between now and each game’s eventual release, we apologize in advance and we hope you have enjoyed the selected titles so far. For even more games, we hope you come back for the next instalment.