The hunt is on.
Now that we finally have a fixed release date on when the SUNBREAK expansion becomes available for MONSTER HUNTER RISE, all manner of character, locations and gameplay details have been shared and we’re dedicating this piece to the new monsters players can expect to hunt:
The Three Lords:
An elder dragon covered with elegant silver scales. It drains the life energy of other living creatures, creeping around at night and attacking its prey from behind. Though Malzeno appears regal at a glance, it takes on a more sinister appearance after draining enough energy.
A monster characterized by its massive and rigid body. Their sap-like fluids can promote plant growth, forging a symbiotic relationship with flora that grows in their bodies. They can also use that sap to harden plants or the surrounding soil, outfitting their bodies and enhancing their attacks.
An azure-colored Fanged Wyvern with an organ that chills the air it inhales, which then circulates throughout its body in a unique form of thermoregulation. It can travel long distances and endure significant environmental changes, allowing them to occupy a wide range of habitats.
New Subspecies and Returning Monsters:
Large Flying Wyverns with crest-shaped organs that can be vibrated to build and store vast amounts of electricity. Violent to a fault, they’re known to mercilessly drive intruders from their territory.
Blood Orange Bishaten:
Named for their auburn fur, these Bishaten subspecies stuff their belly pouches with pinecones. They use these pinecones to pelt hunters with and then use their breath attacks to ignite them.
Large Carapaceons that originally appeared in Monster Hunter 2, known for using wyvern skulls for their shells. Shogun Ceanataur attack their prey with long, sharp claws which are strong enough to bore holes through solid rock. Very rarely, they may also drop precious pearls.
Any particular monster takes your fancy? Let us know!
About MONSTER HUNTER RISE:
Set in the ninja-inspired land of Kamura Village, explore lush ecosystems and battle fearsome monsters to become the ultimate hunter. It’s been half a century since the last calamity struck, but a terrifying new monster has reared its head and threatens to plunge the land into chaos once again.
Hunt solo or in a party with friends to earn rewards that you can use to craft a huge variety of weapons and armor. Brand new gameplay systems such as the high-flying ‘Wire Action’ and your canine companion ‘Palamute’ will add exciting new layers to the already robust combat that Monster Hunter is known for.
Whether it’s at home, on the go, online or offline – you’ll always be ready for your next hunt on the Nintendo Switch™!
The Biggest Upcoming Switch Exclusives for 2022:
- Kirby and the Forgotten Land (2022) – Release Date: Mar 25, 2022
- Nintendo Switch Sports (2022) – Release Date: Apr 29, 2022
- Mario Strikers: Battle League (2022) – Release Date: Jun 10, 2022
- Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes (2022) – Release Date: Jun 24, 2022
- MONSTER HUNTER RISE: SUNBREAK (2022) – Release Date: June 30, 2022
- Splatoon 3 (2022) – Release Date: Summer 2022
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (2022) – Release Date: September 2022
- Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp (2022) – Release Date: 2022
- Bayonetta 3 (2022) – Release Date: 2022
- The Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (2022) – Release Date: 2022
- LIVE A LIVE (2022) – Release Date: 2022
- Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope (2022) – Release Date: 2022
- Pokémon Scarlet (2022) – Release Date: Late 2022
- Pokémon Violet (2022) – Release Date: Late 2022