Graffiti Games and Triplevsion Games are excited to announce that their Metroidvania game Maple & The Wood is coming to the Nintendo Switch and Xbox One this Summer. Maple & The Wood gives players the option to kill anything and everything or take the more pacifying route and avoid trouble. Upon killing monstrous bosses, you can shapeshift into their form to save or destroy the world.
Freely explore the fantastical world with multiple endings that depend on the paths you take during your playthrough. You can find out more about Mable & The Wood in the official announcement below as well as a trailer for the game and screenshots.
Graffiti Games and Triplevision Games To Launch Mable & The Wood on Nintendo Switch and Xbox One This Summer
Metroidvania Let’s Players Choose To Kill Everything or Nothing At All
Vancouver and Sheffield, England – May 15, 2019 – Get ready to slay monsters and take their form as Graffiti Games and Triplevision Games announce that Metroidvania game Mable & The Wood will release on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and Steam (PC) this summer. To celebrate the reveal of the console version, Triplevision has released a new trailer with new gameplay of the dangerous beasts that plague Mable.
In Mable players hunt down massive beasts and, upon destroying them, shapeshift into their forms in order to use their powers to save or destroy the world. Players with less violent intent can find secret paths to complete Mable without killing anything, including bosses. Unlike most Metroidvanias Mable does not allow players to run, jump and kill on their own. Instead, they must use non-human forms to attack creatures and traverse through difficult challenges.
Key Features Include
- Free Reign – Players are free to make decisions on how they play and who they slay.
- Combat is Movement – Mable isn’t strong enough to lift her magical sword, so she must use it in unique ways to help move through the world. Players can use non-human forms to harm enemies for a limited time, but vanquishing creatures extends her power.
- Hunt Great Beasts and Take Their Shape – Defeat the great beasts to take their abilities and transform into a giant mole, medusa, spider and more.
- Explore a Dying World – A large and varied fantasy world, brought to life with state-of-the-art pixel technology and a beautiful original soundtrack.
- Multiple Endings – Mable features different routes to take through the world and secrets to discover that provide players with multiple endings.
“Mable is a game where players have free reign to make decisions on how they want to play the game,” said Andrew Stewart, Founder of Triplevision Games. “They can choose to kill everything, or they can play the entire game without killing anything, including bosses. Depending on the decisions made, players will encounter one of the multiple endings.”
Source: VIM Global PRTags: Gaming, Graffiti Games, Mable & The Wood, Nintendo, Nintendo Switch, Triplevision Games, videogames
This post was written by Mike Scorpio