The latest issue of Famitsu Magazine has provided a good hard look at Fire Emblem: Three Houses and is jam-packed with new information. The articl covers different features in the game like Crests,Battalions, Academy, Classes and so much more. We have rounded up some of the information below.
Skills and Crests
Skills are an important part of a character’s personality and growth. When set, they have a particular effect during battle. There are three types of skills.
- Personal skills: Innate skills that each character has at the start. Cannot be removed and there’s only one for each character.
- Class skills: Innate skills for each class. It’s granted to that class only and disappear once you change class.
- Professor skills: These are learned skills according to the character’s professor levels (in Sword, Lance, Axe, Authority, etc.). Unlike class skills, they can be customised and are independent of class.
Above we can see Hubert as a Dark Mage with the following skills.
- Personal: Strategist
- Class: Miasma△ (from Echoes), Hex (from Awakening)
- Professor: Reason Level 2, Authority Level 1, Rally Magic (also from Awakening), Bow Level 1
Just in case, you can find some additional information about Professor Skills via the previous Famitsu article (search for “Close Counter”).
Below is a list of some characters’ personal skills and, if applicable, crests.
- Personal: Teacher’s Guidance – Boosts user and adjacent ally’s experience gain by 1.2.
- Crest: Crest of ??? – A mysterious crest of unknown origins.
- Personal: Imperial Bloodline – Boosts user’s experience gain by 1.2.
- Crest: Minor Crest of Seiros – A minor crest said to have belonged to the Divine Seiros.
- Personal: Royal Bloodline – Boosts user’s experience gain by 1.2.
- Crest: Minor Crest of Blaiddyd – A minor crest said to have belonged to Blaiddyd of Fódlan’s Ten Greats.
- Personal: Alliance Bloodline – Boosts user’s experience gain by 1.2.
- Crest: Minor Crest of Riegan – A minor crest said to have belonged to Riegan of Fódlan’s Ten Greats.
- Personal: Strategist – Boosts Gambit Might by 5.
- Personal: Songstress – At the start of each turn, restores adjacent allies’ HP by 10%.
- Personal: Liege’s Shield – If user waits without acting, Defence +4 for one turn.
- Personal: Solitary Wolf – When a battalion is not deployed or when battalion health is zero, damage dealt +5
- Crest: Crest of Fraldarius – A crest said to have belonged to Fraldarius of Fódlan’s Ten Greats.
- Personal: Prestigious Noble – When a battalion is deployed, damage dealt +2
- Crest: Minor Crest of Gloucester – A minor crest said to have belonged to Gloucester of Fódlan’s Ten Greats.
- Personal: Plead – When entering battle with an adjacent male ally, damage dealt +3
- Crest: Minor Crest of Goneril – A minor crest said to have belonged to Goneril of Fódlan’s Ten Greats.
The Ten Greats appear to be the legendary heroes from Fódlan’s past. They were first mentioned in the description of the Noble class. Presumably there are ten of them; we currently know of five: Blaiddyd, Riegan, Fraldarius, Gloucester and Goneril.
As it happens, these five names also match with places on the world map. It’s possible that Gautier (who’s probably Sylvain’s ancestor) may be another of the Ten Greats, since there is a “Crest Stone of Gautier” featured in the February trailer and Gautier is a location on the map.
So far, the Ten Greats and Seiros only account for 11 of the 21 crests shown on the Goddess’s mural. I wonder where the remaining 10 crests came from?
The crests are also divided into minor and standard types. Everybody listed with a crest except for Byleth and Felix have minor ones. Furthermore, Edelgard’s crest being Seiros’s is starting to make a lot of sense. After all, the same crest features prominently in both the Adrestian Empire and the Church’s flags. Clearly, they have a strong relationship.
The Protagonist’s Colleagues
Afterwards, we have profiles for two teachers that work alongside the protagonist. Manuela was already covered before, but Hanneman is new. He’s voiced by Kenji Hamada and is a scholar who studies the power of crests. He tends to get excited whenever the topic of crests comes up.
First seen in the debut trailer, characters can deploy battalions who appear alongside and assist them during battle. Battalions can be hired and equipped to each character. By deploying battalions, the character’s abilities may change and “Gambits” can be used.
If you would like to learn more details, we highly recommend you check out the Serenes Forest website.
Source: Serenes Forest
This post was written by Mike Scorpio