Since New Super Mario Bros. for the Nintendo Wii, in addition to being able to play as characters like Mario, there has also been the option to play as your Mii New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, is no exception.
Just like it’s Wii U counterpart, players will have the chance to play as themselves in the game, but you will be limited to just what exactly you can do with them. You see, although they can’t be used in the main campaigns (New Super Mario Bros. U & New Super Luigi U,) you can however, use them for the game’s various other modes.
Whether you’re doing Challenge mode, Boost Rush or even Coin Battle, Miis are an optional character that plays just like Mario and they have not been expanded upon in this deluxe port. In other words, if you checked out the Wii U release, you might remember the four costumes you could play them in and not only are those costumes present, but no additional outfits have been added, so if you were hoping to do some dress-up with your Miis, it’s not going to happen in this game.
Still, just because you can’t make a Mii dress up as Peachette, it doesn’t mean they’re not worth playing any less and so, here’s a quick list on what you can do with them, for the sake of clarity:
- Miis are exclusive to Challenges, Boost Rush and Coin Rush
- Miis play just like Mario and can use power-ups
- There are 4 costumes for Miis: Mario, Luigi, Wario & “Blue Mario”
- The way the costumes work is Player 1 will be dressed as Mario, with Player 2 dressed up as Luigi, Player 3 dressed up as Wario and Player 4 dressed up as “Blue Mario” from Mario Bros.
- When playing as Miis, you can choose to do so with hats on or off
- All Mii hats have an “M” on their hats and the M is for Mii, not Mario
- The Miis you can play as are those you have created on your Nintendo Switch
As always, we hope you found this guide helpful. More Mario guides can be found here!Tags: Guide, Miis, New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, Nintendo, Nintendo Switch
This post was written by Jack Longman