Ahead of its November 6/7 arrival, the patch notes for the Version 4.2.0 update for Splatoon 2, has been shared online already and you can find the full list of changes, right here:
Version 4.2.0: [Released 11/06/18]
Changes to amiibo:
- Added support for Octoling Boy, Octoling Girl, and Octoling Octopus amiibo figures.
Changes to Gear:
- When another player in Inkopolis Square is wearing gear that was previously obtainable through game news, you can now order that gear from Murch.
- Gear that was previously obtainable through game news will now occasionally be sold in the SplatNet gear shop.
- The corresponding gear is:
- SWC Logo Tee
- Kyonshi Hat
- Li’l Devil Horns
- Hockey Mask
- Anglerfish Mask
Changes to Multiplayer:
- Layout and terrain of certain stages have been changed:
- The specifications of some of the main weapons have been changed.
- The specifications for some sub weapons have been changed.
- The points required for some specials have been changed.
- Fixed an issue while using dualie-type weapons that prevented dodge rolling forward if pressing the control stick forward and the buttons for a dodge roll when climbing over the top of a wall.
- Fixed an issue when swinging a roller or brush weapon right after the message “Low ink!” displayed on screen, causing the “insufficient ink” sound effect to play whether the player had enough ink for the attack or not.
- Fixed an issue with the Undercover Brella and Undercover Sorella Brella causing them to appear brighter than they should while standing in a shaded area with the umbrella portion closed.
- Fixed an issue occurring when throwing a bomb while running that caused the bomb throwing animation to appear to end earlier than it should when viewed from an opponent’s screen.
- Fixed an issue occurring while shaking the Fizzy Bomb quickly that made it look like it was being shaken slowly when viewed from an opponent’s screen.
- Fixed an issue causing the aiming reticule for certain weapons to mistakenly appear while using a Baller special.
- Fixed an issue occurring when activating an Inkjet special on an ink rail. If the player returned to the beginning of the ink rail after the Inkjet ran out and also switched between squid and kid form, they could mistakenly enter into the stage terrain.
- Fixed an issue with the Booyah Bomb causing its location when landing to appear slightly different on the screens of the player who used it and all other players.
- Fixed an issue causing the Booyah Bomb’s sound effect to mistakenly continue playing if the player in the middle of using it left the battle due to a network error.
- Fixed an issue occurring if a bomb is within the Booyah Bomb’s damage radius when it explodes, mistakenly preventing the bomb from being destroyed if there was an obstacle between the center of the Booyah Bomb explosion and the bomb itself.
- Fixed an issue causing bombs to be mistakenly destroyed by a thrown Booyah-Bomb traveling through the air if the two came in contact.
- Fixed an issue occurring while using a Baller or Booyah Bomb special with the “Bomb Defense Up” gear ability equipped that didn’t properly reduce damage from certain explosions.
- Players can now continue climbing the side of a sponge even when an opponent shoots it, causing it to shrink.
- Fixed an issue occasionally causing players caught between the Tower Control tower and a wall to clip into the stage terrain if they returned to kid form after attempting to swim up the wall.
- Fixed an issue causing certain animations not to display correctly when viewed through the semi-transparent walls near the spawn points in Starfish Mainstage.
- Fixed an issue causing players to clip into the stage terrain when super jumping to an ally standing at a specific point near the edge of the stage and the spawn points in Starfish Mainstage.
- On-screen brightness will no longer change dramatically depending on the amount of light hitting the camera during Splatfest Battles in Port Mackerel.
- Fixed an issue causing players to clip into stage terrain while climbing specific walls in Snapper Canal.
- Fixed an issue causing bombs thrown at specific signs in Walleye Warehouse to not make proper contact with their targets.
- Fixed an issue causing a Booyah Bomb not to properly explode when hitting a conveyor belt in Piranha Pit.
- Fixed an issue allowing players that climbed over a certain un-inkable wall to access the area around their opponent’s spawn point.
- Fixed an issue in Skipper Pavilion where players using a Splashdown special from beneath a platform near the spawn points could pass through the platform and return to standing above it.
Changes to Splatfests:
- Fixed an issue occurring in Splatfest Battles (normal) causing some players to be ejected from the lobby during matching when one battle ended, the schedule was updated, and a solo Splatfest Battle (normal) was immediately selected, even if the teammates from the previous battle had been grouped together again.
- Fixed an issue in Splatfest Battles (normal) making it difficult to recruit teammates when a team has won many battles in a row.
- Fixed an issue when playing Splatfest Battles (normal) with friends and creating a room that made the “Recruit more players” button unavailable when no friends have joined.
Changes to Salmon Run:
- The new stage, “Ruins of Ark Polaris,” is now available when playing Salmon Run at The Shoal.
- This stage will now also be in the Salmon Run rotation when playing Salmon Run online.
- Fixed an issue causing the feature to cut the loss in rank by half when finishing a job with fewer people than you started with not to work properly.
- Coworkers in a life preserver can now be hit with direct shots from the Inkjet special and can now also be rescued when on a metal grating.
- Fixed an issue causing missiles fired by a Drizzler to explode if a player tried to send them flying back when they touch the ground. Also fixed an issue preventing missiles from not shooting back toward the Drizzler even when shot back from the proper angle.
- Fixed an issue causing damage not to be dealt to the middle portions of a Stinger when hitting either its burner portion or head directly with Sting Ray blast.
- Fixed an issue in the Spawning Grounds stage occurring when a Griller targeted a player near the egg basket in which the Griller would suddenly target another player instead.
- Fixed an issue causing a special activated at a specific time at the end of the final wave to continue to activate repeatedly.
- Fixed an issue occurring when a Goldie event occurs causing an incorrect number of Goldie appearances to be logged in SplatNet 2’s “Job Stats.”
- Fixed an issue causing incorrect weapon information to display in SplatNet 2’s “Job Stats” for players who disconnected during a job. Weapon information will now only display for waves they participated in.
- Fixed an issue in which the camera wouldn’t change as expected when spectating a Splat Zone battle with Auto-Camera mode.
- Fixed an issue in which a player being shown in spectator mode who was defeated by an enemy using a charger with a scope would occasionally not be displayed correctly.
- Reduced severity of an issue in which Octoling Girl’s hair would clip through her hand while in certain poses with certain gear while taking photos with her as an amiibo.
- Fixed an issue in which the Octoling Octopus would face backwards when taking a photo with it as an amiibo on Skipper Pavilion.
- Fixed an issue in which, if the player has a Fizzy Bomb prepped to throw and the guide showing where it will land is over one of the cones in the Test area, the bomb will clip through the cone when actually thrown.
- Fixed an issue in which, when playing as a user linked to a Nintendo Account that is not a Nintendo Switch Online member, information related to joining Nintendo Switch Online would be displayed and the player would be treated as Offline when the schedule update (every two hours) occured.
This post was written by Solid Jack