After a good few months of waiting, the newest and biggest update for Super Bomberman R it out and it comes packed with new content, which includes 10 new characters added to the shop and we’ve got the official patch notes right here:
Ver2.0 Update Notice:
- The new Battle Mode “Grand Prix” has been added.
- The Grand Prix mode offers the following new features from normal battles.
- Each battle is 2 rounds and the team with the most total points wins.
- Each character has different power-ups.
- When you lose a life in the Grand Prix mode, you are resurrected after a certain time instead of turning into a Miso Bomb.
- Soft blocks will start falling after a certain time has elapsed.
- You can play with the following two rules.
- Crystal – Compete points by collecting the crystals in the stage.
- Basic Bomber – Compete points by defeating the opponent team.
- The Bomberman Bros. each have different individual characteristics but can equip a cartridge to gain features and special abilities of other characters.
- Up to 6 Nintendo Switch can be connected in the Grand Prix mode for a network battle.
- The Bomber Planet World can be accessed when beating the Story Mode in Standard Mode.
- Two new Battle Stages for Standard Mode are available in the shop:
- Nine Areas.
- Critical Path.
- The performance of Belmont Bomber, Vic Viper Bomber and Pyramid Head Bomber’s special abilities have been adjusted.
- The punch and kick controls have been slightly adjusted.
- The camera work has been slightly adjusted.
- Fixed other various small bugs.
- Option Bomber – A
- Option Bomber – B
- Reiko Bomber
- Shiori Fujisaki Bomber
- Jehuty Bomber
- Anubis Bomber
- Dracula Bomber
- Princess Tomato Bomber
- Bubble Head Bomber
- Goemon Bomber
New Shop Accessories:
- Starry Sky Solar System Series
- Crab Series
- Castlevania Series
- Gradius Series
- Silent Hill Series
- Rumble Roses Series
- ZONE OF THE ENDERS Series
- Tokimeki Memorial Series
- Mystical Ninja Series
There is also a new trailer out that properly showcases Grand Prix mode, which you can see here:
Source: Konami & Konami (YouTube)