For any of you Metroid fans out there, if you have the Samus & Zero Suit Samus amiibo and are going to be picking up Metroid: Samus Returns, then you might want to blow the dust off of them because they will be unlocking content for the 3DS title. The new Metroid Series amiibo along with the Smash Bros Samus’ amiibo will allow players to unlock different content before and after beating the game.
The Official Japanese website for Metroid: Samus Returns launched today and one of it’s pages is dedicated to just what each amiibo figure will unlock in game which has been translated below:
Samus Aran (Metroid series)
– Enables usage of the Aeon Reserve Tank; when the Aeon gauge is empty, the Aeon Reserve Tank will be consumed to refill it by a certain amount
– After beating the game, unlock Metroid II art at the art gallery for Metroid II: Return of Samus
Metroid (Metroid series)
– Place a “Metroid Marker” that tells you the location of the closest Metroid on the map
– After finishing the game once, when starting a new game, you can access the “Fusion” difficulty mode; more difficult, and can play with the Fusion Suit
Samus (Smash Bros. series)
– Enables usage of Missile Reserve Tank; when the player runs out of missiles, the tank will be consumed to replenish missiles by a certain amount
– After clearing the game once, unlock access to concept art; view concept art in the Gallery menu.
Zero Suit Samus (Smash Bros. series)
– Get an “Energy Reserve Tank”; when you lose all energy while playing, it will be automatically consumed to refill health by a certain amount
– Beat the game once to unlock Sound Test mode; listen to music