What’s that? You’re suffering from Déjà vu? Take it from us you’re not, but given the popularity our last Magikarp Jump guide had, we thought it was best to do a new guide for the new update!
So just what does Version 1.2.0 of Pokémon: Magikarp Jump have to offer? Well in all honesty it offers the same stuff as last time, new events, a new League, new Magikarp patterns and so much more! So because this is a guide, here is an absolute all-in-one-place guide of everything the new update has to offer!
New Support Pokémon (Friendship Items):
- 2 New Pokémon/Items have been added (Eevee & Mudkip.)
- Soothe Bell costs 500 Diamonds to purchase and allows you to enlist the help of Eevee.
- Eevee’s skill guarantees amazing results in the next training session and as a Recovery Rate of 2 hours and 42 minutes.
- Sooth Bell can not be upgraded.
- Soft Sand can only be acquired by completing the Ultra League and allows you to enlist the help of Mudkip.
- Mudkip’s skill allows you to get a good item and has a Recovery Rate of 10 hours.
- The good items that can be acquired by Mudkip consist of Training Soda, LP Resore, Purse of Coins, Power Up, Skill Restore and Sack of Coins.
- Like Soothe Bell, Soft Sand can not be upgraded.
- Following the release of Version 1.2.0 there are now a total of 14 Support Pokémon available.
- 1 New Decoration has been added.
- The new item is a Clefairy Doll.
- Clefairy Doll requires 350 Diamonds to purchase and increases JP from Skills by +20%.
New Food Options:
- 2 New Food options have been added to the shop.
- First new Food option is Castelia Cone.
- Second new Food option is Magikarp Biscuit.
- Castelia Cone requires Trainer Rank 54 to be able to purchase it.
- Magikarp Biscuit requires Trainer Rank 66 to be able to purchase it.
New Training Options:
- 2 New Training options have been added to the shop.
- First new Training option is Golem Push.
- Second new Training option is Soccer Ball Smash.
- Frost Cruncher requires Trainer Rank 56 to be able to purchase it.
- Soccer Ball Smash requires Trainer Rank 68 to be able to purchase it.
New Events Added:
- 4 new Events have been added.
- The first new Event (The Fun Way Home) can randomly happen after Training.
- The Fun Way Home requires you to beat Ultra League before it can be triggered and sees your Pokémon meeting up after training. As for the result, all your Pokémon’s Skills are restored.
- The second new Event (Cheap, Cheap) can randomly happen after Training.
- Cheap, Cheap requires you to beat Ultra League and sees a strange man may appear. If you run you will get JP, but if you accept prize he offers you, you could lose coins, or win a Training Soda.
- The third new Event (Name Rater) can be triggered any time after Training and does not require you to beat the Ultra League. Same goes for the fourth new Event (Let’s Push It!)
- In Name Rater, provided your Magikarp has a nickname, a scientist will appear and give you Diamonds.
- To trigger the 40th event (Let’s Push It!) head to the Town. Visit the shop, choose Decoration and scroll down to the Bronze Eevee statue. Don’t press where it says purchase in the blue box, but press the actual statue. A secret message will pop up asking if you still want to push it and make sure to say yes. Doing so will land you a Skill Restore and earn you the Event #40 entry for your Event Dex.
- There are now 40 Events in total.
Hall of Fame:
- A new empty “frame” has been added to the Hall of Fame.
- Upon completion of the Ultra League, a photo of the trainer, their winning Magikarp and Ultra League Medal, a photo will replace the empty “frame.”
New Magikarp Patterns Added:
- 2 new Pattern types of Magikarp are now available and they are White and Black.
- Both White Pattern Magikarp are as follows: Orange Forehead and Orange Mask.
- Both Brown Pattern Magikarp are as follows: Black Forehead and Black Mask.
- White and Black Pattern Magikarp can only caught when fishing with the Pro’s Old Rod.
- To get the Pro’s Old Rod, players will need to complete the Ultra League.
- Counting the Gold Magikarp, there are now 29 Magikarps in all to collect in order to complete your Pattern Dex.
Ultra League & Expert Leagues:
- Provided you have beaten the Heal League, the Ultra League is now available.
- It is not required to have played through the Expert Leagues in order to challenge the Ultra League.
- Beating the Ultra League earns you the newly added Soft Sand.
- Ultra League consists of 20 Battles/Stages and your Magikarp will need to have a Jump Power greater than 1.255 billion.
- Upon completion of the Ultra League, players can also get the Pro’s Old Rod.
- Players will also be able to access the Expert Leagues once Ultra League has been complete, only all three Expert Leagues are now even harder than before.
- In order to win the final match of Expert League 3, your Magikarp requires a JP greater than 8.187 billion.
- Highest Level to train your Magikarp up to is Level 89.
- Highest Trainer Rank you can acquire is Level 79.
As always, we hope you found our little guide helpful.
Tags: android, Guide, iOS, June Feature, Magikarp Jump, Pokémon: Magikarp Jump, Pokemon, The Pokemon Company, Version 1.2.0 Update
This post was written by Solid Jack