With Super Mario Bros. Wonder available now on the Nintendo Switch, the time has come to embark on a wonderful 2D adventure. Mario is back with the extended gang, resulting in a playable roster of 12 characters and with eight worlds to conquer in the Flower Kingdom, we’re on hand to walk you guys through how to obtain every Wonder Seed and Flower Coin available.
To kick things off, we’re going to do a quick little walkthrough to explain the purples of Flower Coins, Wonder Flowers, Wonder Seeds and Secret Exits before diving right into the World 5: Fungi Mines stage, An Uncharted Area: Wubba Ruins:
What are Flower Coins?
Flower Coins are large purple coins that can be found on given stages. Some will be obviously visible when exploring through levels, but others can be hidden and require players to meet a certain requirement to revel them. On stages where Flower Coins are present, there are three to be found and all are required to count towards a level’s complete completion.
What are Wonder Flowers?
Wonder Flowers are an item players can encounter during a level, which once interacted with, unleashes a Wonder Effect that immediately impacts the current stage. Where there is a Wonder Flower, there is always a Wonder Flower waiting to be discovered.
What are Wonder Seeds?
Wonder Seeds are the main collectable this time around, with Mario and friends needing to collect them in order to advance through the game. One Wonder Seed will always be given to the player upon completing a stage, but a second one can be obtained by activating the Wonder Flower and traversing the Wonder Effect to collect the Wonder Seed.
On some levels, it is possible there is a third Wonder Seed available, but in order to acquire it, players will need to discover the Secret Exit in order to obtain it. Wonder Seeds can also be purchased for 100 Purple Coins at Poplin Shops and through completing Challenge levels.
What are Secret Exits?
Not present on every level, Secret Exits are a secondary exit players can discover by taking a different route and encountering a second Flagpole at the end of the level. Jumping on the Flagpole will end the current level and reward players with a new Wonder Seed.
Every An Uncharted Area: Wubba Ruins Wonder Seed & Flower Coin:
Flower Coins: 3 | Wonder Seeds: 2
- Flower Coin #1: Head all the way to the right until you reach a downward-facing Konk and you will see Flower Coin blocked off by breakable bricks. Use the Konk to smash the bricks and get the Flower Coin.
- Flower Coin #2: When you get to the large puddle of goo with a red pipe, have the Konk smash through it to clear you a path and enter the pipe. Defeat all Wubbas to reveal the Flower Coin.
- Flower Coin #3: As a Wubba, ignore the downward-facing Konk, and then leap onto the ceiling so you can reach a platform above the Konk and get the Flower Coin.
- Wonder Flower / Wonder Seed #1: When you reach the L-shaped puddle of goo, jump into it and swim over to the Wonder Flower. With the Wonder Effect triggered, you will be turned into a Wubba and will need to traverse many platforms and ceilings to reach the Wonder Seed.
- Wonder Seed #2: Reach the end of the stage and climb onto the Flagpole.
As always, we hope you found this guide helpful.