Welcome to that special feature that we call “Super Rare Gems,” a small segment where we talk about the physical releases of games published by Super Rare Games.
With a large library of titles under their belt and tons of limited releases that have sold out and Miketendo64 providing them with some extensive coverage on the site, we want to take the time to highlight the games they currently have left in stock, and who knows, you might just discover the next indie gem you want to pick up? So, please join us as we provide you with a ton of details on Atomik: RunGunJumpGun by developer, ThirtyThree:
Atomik: RunGunJumpGun (Nintendo Switch)
Retail Price: £36.00 GBP
Players: 1 (Single System)
Genre: Arcade, Action
Game File Size: 439 MB
With a teeth-rattling, gravity-defying weapon in your hand, a cast of crazed characters, simple but beautifully difficult gameplay, and a pulsing musical score, Atomik: RunGunJumpGun is a loud, trippy mess of twitchy platforming goodness.
The game takes place in the Extax System, a solar system where the Sun has begun to swell and devour planets. With most of the planets already devoured, the remaining worlds have descended into madness and superstition. Each denizen has their own theory on why the sun seems so enraged, but they all hang on one central element: Atomiks, the primary resource in the entire system.
You play as a scavenger, a rogue from outside the Extax System who seems to have only one goal: get Atomiks. What do the Atomiks mean to the scavenger? Does he want to scoop up precious resources for himself, or use them as a way to appease the sun and end the suffering of the system? Or Maybe they’re just shiny pick-ups in a video game to him.
- Beautifully Difficult: Every second counts and the game will test your reflexes to the fullest
- Shield Mode: Empower your intergalactic scavenger with an energy shield and decreases the movement speed to help make the intense action more manageable, but no less heart-pounding and exciting.
- Nonstop Action: Merciful respawns let you die fast and keep you constantly in the action
- Two-button gameplay: One button lets you fly and the other blasts obstacles into heaps of rubble. Three
- Three Unique Game Worlds: Each world presents its own distinct challenges which require players to change their playstyles
- Over 120 levels of Mayhem: Each level is meticulously crafted to hone and test the player’s speed and tenacity.
- Marathon Mode: For players looking to compete for the global high score.
- Surreal visuals: Trippy and hyper-colourful fantasy-sci-fi art style
- Hyperkinetic soundtrack: Pulsing musical score blending hip-hop, electronic, and movie-score vibes.
- Warped space-opera narrative: The game features a cast of crazed, beautifully illustrated characters.
- Masochistic Collectables: The quest to collect “Atomiks” littered throughout levels lends an extra level of insanity to already merciless level design. A gift to self-hating completionists.
- Accessible single-hand gameplay: Appropriate for players with disabilities.
- Made by free-range developers fed a pure mixture of VVVVVV, Hotline Miami, and Super Meat Boy.
The physical release of Atomik: RunGunJumpGun also comes with the following:
- Fully assembled Nintendo Switch game with cartridge
- Interior art
- Full-colour manual
- Exclusive sticker
- Set of 3 card trading card pack
For more on the Atomik: RunGunJumpGun why not pay a visit to its official listing on Super Rare Games with the link below:
SRG#87: Atomik: RunGunJumpGun (Switch)
We hope you enjoyed this instalment of Super Rare Gems and look forwards to the next one!