Full moon shenanigans await!
With Gen 2’s Ursaring granted an evolution in Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Pokémon fans across the globe were introduced to the gorgeous Ursaluna. As one of the few new Hisuian additions, it’s easy for Ursaluna to have become a fan favourite, but now that fan favourite is available in Pokémon GO.
With special thanks to the Teddiursa Community Day, which took place on November 12, 2022 between 14:00 – 17:00 local time, not only did the event increase the odds for players to catch a Shiny Teddiursa, but it also provided the means for players to evolve Ursaring into Ursaluna. Of course, evolution is not the only means of obtaining Ursaluna in-game and that’s precisely why we’re on hand with this little guide:
How to Obtain Ursaluna in Pokémon GO:
Method 1: Catching Ursaluna
For those who wish to catch Ursaluna, you will need to make sure you play Pokémon GO during the Teddiursa Community Day and purchase the Sweet Snacks event ticket. The ticket allows you access to the Sweet Snacks Special Research.
The Special Research is broken up into four separate tasks, with the completion of all four tasks resulting in giving you an encounter with Ursaluna. With the encounter triggered, players need only to catch Ursaluna to add the Peat Pokémon to their Pokédex. For a quick breakdown of the Research Tasks, we have it here:
Sweet Snacks Special Research Tasks:
- Research Tasks 1/4:
- Power Up Pokémon 10 times | Poké Ball x15
- Catch 15 Teddiursa | Teddiursa Encounter
- Make 5 Nice Throws | Teddiursa Candy x20
- Task Completion Reward | Stardust x2000, Teddiursa Encounter, Star Piece x1
- Research Tasks 2/4:
- Catch 15 Teddiursa | Teddiursa Candy x30
- Transfer 10 Pokémon | Ursaring Encounter
- Evolve 3 Teddiursa | Pinap Berry x10
- Task Completion Reward | 1,500 XP, Teddiursa Encounter, Incense x1
- Research Tasks 3/4:
- Make 3 Great Curve Ball Throws | Teddiursa Candy x50
- Evolve 1 Ursaring | Lucky Egg x1 Encounter
- Transfer 10 Pokémon | Great Ball x15
- Task Completion Reward | 2,500 XP, Rocket Radar x1, Ultra Ball x15
- Research Tasks 4/4:
- Claim Reward | Silver Pinap Berry x2
- Claim Reward | Teddiursa Encounter
- Claim Reward | 3,500 XP
- Task Completion Reward | Stardust x3,000, Ursaluna Encounter, Rare Candy x3
Method 2: Evolving Ursaring
For those who would prefer not to purchase the event ticket and get an Ursaluna via evolution, or just wish to evolve a Shiny Ursaring, you will need one of the following:
- A Teddiursa and 150 Teddiursa candies
- An Ursaring and 100 Teddiursa candies
Of course, like with previous Pokémon GO evolutions and from what we saw in Pokémon Legends: Arceus, where players needed a Peat Block and a full moon to evolve their Usaring, a full moon is required in Pokemon GO as well.
Thankfully, during the Teddiursa Community Day event, there is a full moon available in-game from November 12, 2022 at 14:00 local time until November 13, 2022 at 06:00 local time. Anyone who does not evolve their Ursaring during that time window, will then have to wait until the next full moon in real-time to evolve their Ursaring. As a reminder, you will need both a full moon and 100 Teddiursa candies to evolve your desired Ursaring.
As always, we hope you found this guide helpful.