The time has finally come.
With so much going on this month, it’s becoming increasingly hard to keep track of every single piece of gaming news, but for those who have been waiting for the full release of OCTOPATH TRAVELER: Champions of the Continent, that time has finally come. The full release is here at last for Android and iOS devices in the west and now the entire story can be enjoyed. The only downside? For those who were lucky enough to be selected for the beta, sadly, your progress will not be carried over and you will be expected to start over.
Following yesterday’s surprise release, Square Enix hosted a launch livestream to celebrate the game and issued the following announcement:
OCTOPATH TRAVELER: CHAMPIONS OF THE CONTINENT IS NOW AVAILABLE ON MOBILE DEVICES:
SQUARE ENIX® announced today that OCTOPATH TRAVELER™: Champions of the Continent, an immersive mobile RPG experience based on the popular series, OCTOPATH TRAVELER, is now available on iOS and Android devices. In OCTOPATH TRAVELER: Champions of the Continent, players will explore a brand-new story in the world of Orsterra, a few years prior to the events of the beloved and award-winning RPG OCTOPATH TRAVELER. In celebration of those who helped the title surpass 700,000 pre-registrations, all players will be able to claim several exciting rewards, including 5,000 Leaves, 16 Experience Nuts (M), 20 Gold Guidestones, 1 Pursuer’s Gloves I and 300 Rubies.
It has also been revealed that in celebration of OCTOPATH TRAVELER: Champions of the Continent’s release, pix artist Shizuka Morimoto has created a rather special illustration of Primrose Azelhart, which can be seen here:
About OCTOPATH TRAVELER: Champions of the Continent:
Embark on an adventure for what you seek. A few years prior to the events of OCTOPATH TRAVELER, Orsterra is ruled by tyrants hungry for “wealth, power, and fame.” While the tyrants’ desires have unleashed a bottomless darkness upon the world…there are those who resist the darkness. You will meet them while traveling the world as “the Chosen One of the divine ring.” What will you obtain, and what will you experience through this journey? A journey that will give rise to the champions of the continent…
- HD-2D: Evolved Pixel Art – The game’s classic 2D pixel art is enhanced with 3D-CG effects, bringing the wondrous world of Orsterra to life. Rediscover the beautifully stylized environments filled with side quests, dangerous bosses, and treasures.
- Strategic and Exhilarating Combat – Dive into an evolved command-style battle system, which utilizes up to eight party members and swipe controls that allow for fast-paced command selection.
- A Massive Roster – With over 64 characters at launch, explore an endless combination of characters to build your ultimate team. Pick the right team for the right fight and reign victorious on the battlefield.
- Tressa Colzione Now Available – OCTOPATH TRAVELER fans will have the chance to add the beloved merchant Tressa Colzione to their rosters via two Guiding Lights (gacha banners): [Featured] Chosen Traveler: Tressa and [Sacred Seal] Sacred Guidance: Tressa.
- Engaging Character Interactions – The possibilities are endless with different options for character interactions on the field and with townspeople. Players can negotiate with other characters by raising their influence to “Purchase” or “Hire” with money, “Contend” or “Impress” with their strength, or test their luck with “Entreat” or “Invite.”
- Choose Your Adventure – The “Chosen Ones” must rise against the great evils of Orsterra. What perils will players encounter on their journey? No matter what storyline players start with, players can experience them all.
- Epic Game Soundtrack – Yasunori Nishiki, the composer behind OCTOPATH TRAVELER, is back for this latest installment with new compositions exclusive to this game.
Source: Square Enix PR