DLC arrives next week.
With the first wave of DLC for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe released as far back as March 2022, Nintendo has now come out with the amazing news that Wave 2 will be adding another 8 courses on August 4 and among the new courses, is an actual brand-new course by the name of Sky-High Sundae and the following details have been provided to describe the new course:
Tasty turns and sugary surprises await in Sky-High Sundae, a brand-new course coming to the #MarioKart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass! Let’s take a look at the delicious drive ahead…
With splits, drops and jumps galore, Sky-High Sundae is a high-speed treat. Glide through the giant gelato, up the sorbet slopes and past the curve of cafes to reach the frozen finish line!
This new course uses Mario Kart 8 Deluxe’s antigravity mode from start to finish. Bump rival racers to get a Spin Turbo speed boost, but be careful not to fall into the abyss!
We also have a large selection of screenshots highlighting the other courses that have been selected for wave 2, along with Nintendo’s announcement regarding the DLC, including the interesting snippet that the new Sky-High Sundae course will be added to Mario Kart Tour at a later date:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass Wave 2 Approaches the Starting Line on Aug. 4:
Rev up your engines, because eight more courses are making their way to the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe game with the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass DLC* for the Nintendo Switch system on Aug. 4. Wave 2 features the delightfully sweet Sky-High Sundae course, which makes its first appearance in the Mario Kart series!** Plus, you can marvel at the neon lights of New York Minute from the Mario Kart Tour mobile game and careen around a giant pinball machine in the DS Waluigi Pinball course, just to name a few. To see all the Wave 2 courses in action, check out an overview trailer here: https://mariokart8.nintendo.com/booster-course-pass/.Wave 2 includes the Turnip Cup and the Propeller Cup, with fast and familiar courses appearing from the Mario Kart series across the Super NES, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo 64, Nintendo DS, Wii and Mario Kart Tour games. Each course can be played locally or online.*** Cups are divided as follows:
- Turnip Cup
- Tour New York Minute – Zip past towering skyscrapers and enjoy a scenic drive through the park in this Big Apple-inspired course originating from the mobile game Mario Kart Tour.
- SNES Mario Circuit 3 – Drift your way around tight corners and avoid the Warp Pipes in this classic course that originated in Super Mario Kart on Super NES.
- N64 Kalimari Desert – This desert race features frequent run-ins with an old-fashioned steam locomotive that crosses the course – be careful not to cause any delays!
- DS Waluigi Pinball – Launch, bump and weave across this course themed after a giant pinball table, complete with colorful lights and sounds. Just try not to tilt!
- Propeller Cup
- Tour Sydney Sprint – Soak up the sunshine as you soar above the bay and cruise around the sights in this course that originated in Mario Kart Tour.
- GBA Snow Land – Try not to slip and slide on this wintry course from Mario Kart: Super Circuit. Just remember: Cooler heads will prevail.
- Wii Mushroom Gorge – This course features an underground cavern, deep chasms and giant mushrooms to spring off of – make sure you land safely!
- Sky-High Sundae – The competition may heat up, but that doesn’t mean you can’t chill out in this sweet race, which is filled with larger-than-life desserts at nearly every turn. Prove you’re number one under the sun(dae) in this debut course!
Source: Nintendo PR