Including three upcoming fighters!
With Pokémon UNITE celebrating its first anniversary this year, celebrations are already underway as part of a series of events that will see the likes of Glaceon, Buzzwole and Tyranitar added over the next five weeks, a new Boss Rush mode and other new content. For all the details taken straight from the celebratory announcement, we have them right here:
More Pokémon for Everyone:
Three new Pokémon will boldly enter the fray, starting with Glaceon, the Fresh Snow Pokémon, on July 21, 2022. Trainers interested in harnessing Glaceon’s freezing force can take part in the Icy Glaceon Challenge running Thursday, July 21, 2022, at 12:00 a.m. PDT to Sunday, August 14, 2022, at 4:59 p.m. PDT. By completing the necessary missions, players can earn Glaceon’s Unite license. Other Pokémon that will be making their Pokémon UNITE debut during the anniversary festivities include Buzzwole on Wednesday, August 3, 2022, and Tyranitar on Monday, August 15, 2022. Check back for more information about these new Pokémon’s roles and special attacks.
Take on a new type of quick battle with Boss Rush. In Boss Rush, players team up to defeat powerful bosses and earn thrilling rewards. Fight hard and fight smart, because the higher your Unite squad’s score, the better the rewards. Boss Rush will be available at three different periods during the anniversary celebration:
- July 21, 2022, at 12:00 a.m. PDT to July 24, 2022, at 4:59 p.m. PDT
- July 31, 2022, at 5:00 p.m. PDT to August 7, 2022, at 4:59 p.m. PDT
- August 14, 2022, at 5:00 p.m. PDT to August 21, 2022, at 4:59 p.m. PDT
Dive into an electrifying new battle pass season with Battle Pass Season 9 and Band Style: Pikachu Holowear, which debut on July 21, 2022, at 12:00 a.m. PDT. Hit the perfect pitch with Band Style: Pikachu and Songstress Style: Wigglytuff Holowear. As always, the new battle pass season brings new rewards, so get ready to rise through the battle pass levels.
Free Unite Licenses:
Get into the festive spirit with free Unite licenses and haute Holowear simply for logging in. Hop into Pokémon UNITE for five days between July 21, 2022, at 12:00 a.m. PDT and October 12, 2022, at 4:59 p.m. PDT to receive the following Unite licenses and Holowear:
- Day 1: Pikachu & Fashionable Style: Pikachu
- Day 2: Lucario & Concert Style: Lucario
- Day 3: Blastoise & Firefighter Style: Blastoise
- Day 4: Snorlax & Bedtime Style: Snorlax
- Day 5: Sylveon & Checkered Style: Sylveon
If players already own any of the Unite licenses or Holowear above, they will receive 100 Aeos coins instead for each Unite license and Holowear they already own.
Let there be Cake:
And since it wouldn’t be much of a celebration without cake, Trainers will be able to collect frosting for the Anniversary Cake Challenge, running July 21, 2022, at 12:00 a.m. PDT to September 1, 2022, at 4:59 p.m. PDT. Battle and complete missions to collect frosting to build a mouth-watering anniversary cake—all while earning useful rewards.
About Pokémon UNITE:
Join Trainers from around the world as they head for Aeos Island to compete in Unite Battles! In Unite Battles, Trainers face off in 5-on-5 team battles to see who can score the most points within the allotted time. Teamwork is key as you and your teammates defeat wild Pokémon, level up and evolve your partner Pokémon, and knock out the opposing team’s Pokémon to prevent them from scoring points. Put your teamwork to the test, and take home the win!
- BATTLE IN STYLE: Take to the field while looking your best in Holowear! Thanks to a special technology developed using Aeos energy, Trainers can deck out their Pokémon in a variety of holographic outfits—with new styles arriving regularly!
- UNITE MOVES: Unleash the true power of your Pokémon with Unite Moves! Leverage these all-new Pokémon moves, which are only possible while in Unite Battles, and turn the tide of even the direst situations.
- RANK UP: Looking to prove how skilled you are? Participate in ranked matches, and earn points as you climb up the global leaderboard!
- COMMUNICATION IS KEY: Even the most skilled Trainers recognize how important communication is to their team’s success. Leverage signals, quick-chat messages, and—for the first time in a Pokémon title—voice chat to communicate and stay in sync with your team.
- CROSS-PLATFORM PLAY: Play with Trainers around the world on the Nintendo Switch™ system or on a compatible smartphone thanks to cross-platform support. Trainers may use their Pokémon Trainer Club account or Nintendo Account on both Nintendo Switch and mobile to easily keep their progress synced between devices.