Since the game was announced during Nintendo’s Nintendo Direct E3 2021 presentation, Nintendo America has taken to their official Twitter account and has been tweeting more details about the game along with new screenshots. We have gathered up the information below.
· We’re taking a closer look at the legendary bounty hunter Samus Aran’s upcoming adventure. Stalked by a seemingly invulnerable threat, can she overcome the threat plaguing the planet ZDR?
· DREAD. The word in the title represents the various forms of dread and relentless threat that hunts the seemingly invincible Samus Aran.
· The X is a lethal parasite that takes over organic creatures, mimicking their genetic makeup and threatening the galaxy. Samus once fought and wiped out the X along with planet SR388, but a mysterious transmission has indicated an X still possibly lives…
· Samus touches down on Planet ZDR in Metroid Dread. She’ll encounter strange new life forms, radically different environments, and the rogue E.M.M.I. of course, as she explores the planet’s hidden secrets and takes on her mission.
· Samus may be outnumbered, but the fearless heroine has new moves and tactics at her disposal to battle hostile creatures and the relentless E.M.M.I. as she takes on her mission at ZDR.
· Samus can aim in any direction, grab ledges, and will be able to make it through tight spaces quickly with her new slide move. Also, with the Spider Magnet, she can move and shoot freely while hanging onto specific walls and ceilings.
· The Melee Counter ability returns, but in Metroid Dread you can execute a new Dash Melee, allowing you to counter the enemy while moving forward, adding a bit of damage. Expect more depth to the action and smoother gameplay with Samus’ movement abilities in Metroid Dread.
· While Samus is facing some strong new threats, she is the only bounty hunter in the universe fit for such a challenge. There will be more Metroid Dread news to share in the near future, so look forward to the game’s release on 10/8!
· A new Samus amiibo™ figure* featuring her suit from Metroid Dread and an E.M.M.I. amiibo figure are available in a 2-pack set.
· Scan the Samus amiibo for an extra energy tank to increase your health by 100. Tap it again once per day to receive health.
· The E.M.M.I. amiibo grants a Missile+ tank to increase Samus’ missile capacity by 10. Tap it again once per day to replenish some missiles.
Learn More about Metroid Dread at metroid.nintendo.comTags: Metroid, Metroid Dread, Metroid Dread details, Nintendo, nintendo america, Nintendo Switch
This post was written by Mike Scorpio