No need to go to the Isle of Armor for this Slowpoke.
As another touch of Galar comes to Pokémon GO, the time has come to catch a Galarian Slowpoke, but why stop there? Whilst the evolution method for Galarian Slowking has yet to be added, it’s open season on Galarian Slowbro and we’re going to tell you how to obtain one.
First things first though, here’s some background info on the current event, A Very Slow Discovery:
Sometimes the best adventure is a slow one. In the upcoming A Very Slow Discovery event, you’ll be able to take inspiration from the very same Pokémon that inspired us: Slowpoke. A Very Slow Discovery will feature Slowpoke, Galarian Slowpoke, Mega Slowbro, and Galarian Slowbro! Some of the other Pokémon appearing during this event are quite slow and active as well.
Date + Time: Tuesday, June 8, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Sunday, June 13, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time
And now for the guide portion of this article:
How to Evolve Galarian Slowpoke in Pokémon GO:
As a Pokémon that can’t currently be caught in its current form, players will first need to catch a Galarian Slowpoke. To do this, since the Pokémon isn’t appearing in the wild, you will need to win a 1* raid battle against the Galarian Slowpoke and successfully catch it. Or, you can instead opt for trying to obtain the Field Request, “Evolve 3 Slowpoke,” as completing it will result in an encounter against a Galarian Slowpoke.
Once added to your collection, similar to the previous methods of evolving Slowpoke, 50 Slowpoke candy are required but an additional step will stand in your way.
Instead of needing to collect 8 Galarica Twigs and giving them to an NPC to obtain a Galarica Cuff, players need only to make Galarian Slowpoke their buddy and catch 30 Poison type Pokémon.
Once done, there is nothing stopping you from evolving Galarian Slowpoke into a Galarian Slowbro. Unless of course you’d rather hold out for a Shiny Galarian Slowpoke, which is available in-game.
Poison type Pokémon that can currently be caught include: Weedle, Nidoran♂, Grimer and Tentacool.
If you’ve followed all these steps, congratulations on getting your very own Galarian Slowbro. For more on the current event and additional features, we have that info here:
- Mega Slowbro will make its Pokémon GO debut in Mega Raids! Keep an eye out for event-exclusive Field Research tasks that’ll reward Slowbro Mega Energy.
- Slowpoke, Slakoth, Gulpin, Spoink, and more will be appearing more often in the wild. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Slowbro or Vigoroth!
- Galarian Slowpoke, Alolan Grimer, Shellder, Shinx, and Timburr will be appearing in one-star raids. Snorlax, Slowking, Slaking, and Toxicroak will be appearing in three-star raids.
- Collect event-exclusive Field Research that’ll challenge you to complete difficult tasks for some very slow rewards.
- Complete a Slowpoke-themed Collection Challenge during the event to get the exclusive Slowpoke Forever Shirt avatar item, 30 Ultra Balls, and 3,000 XP.
- Pick up other Slowpoke-inspired avatar items in the shop!
- Spin PokéStops and open Gifts to collect new Slowpoke-themed Gift stickers to send to your friends.
- Be sure to pick up an event-exclusive free box in the shop that’ll contain 20 Poké Balls, 10 Great Balls, and a King’s Rock.
We hope you found this guide helpful.Tags: Galarian Slowbro, Galarian Slowpoke, Pokemon Go
This post was written by Jack Longman