Geodrifters is a fun, new multiplayer platforming game developed by Taipei-based indie developers Busy Toaster Games. It will be coming to the Nintendo Switch sometime this Summer and will be published by video game publisher Leoful. In Geodrifters, not only must you navigate your way over platforms, you have the ability to manipulate them as well.
You can find out more details and a trailer for Geodrifters in the official announcement below.
Groundbending Multiplayer Platformer Georifters Heads To Nintendo Switch™️ This Summer
Get ready to move the world with the ground bending heroes of Georifters.
June 30, 2020 – Video game publisher Leoful and Taipei indie team Busy Toaster Games are pleased to announce the first details for their platform manipulating adventure Georifters, for the Nintendo Switch.
Most platformer games have the player run, jump, and navigate around the platforms or under obstacles; Georifters, however, gifts the player with the ability to manipulate the platforms in a platformer! Push walls, flip the ground, punch portals, spin platforms around you or your friends, and that’s just a few of the creative ways you can interact with this unique and strange world. Play as one of seven heroes, each with their own special way of manipulating the ground.
Georifters features a comprehensive story mode with over 6 fantastical worlds for you and a friend to team up with and complete in couch co-op. You can also enter the “Battle Arena”, a couch competitive mode, where up to 4 players on the same system can challenge each other in a variety of different levels and battle settings. Unlock heroes, mix-and-match skin parts, weapons, and upgrades as you travel through the 300+ stages the game has to offer.
Georifters is scheduled to launch on the Nintendo Switch in summer 2020. A physical edition of Georifters, which includes bonus Pro Gamer skin parts for playable hero Candy, will be available for pre-order at retailers across Asia starting July 2020. The game will also be published digitally by Leoful on the Hong Kong region Nintendo eShop. Georifters is playable in English, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese. An announcement regarding publishing and release for other territories will be made at a later date.
This unique ground bending platformer asks players to use 3D spatial reasoning to navigate 2D situations; why jump across gaps when you can use your ability to close them? A wall of spikes in your path? No problem, spin them out of your way. Pesky enemy getting you down? Crush them with the ground they are standing on! Push, flip, twist or turn the terrain to overcome challenges and battle competitors in hundreds of stages in single-player, co-op or multiplayer modes. Unlock new skills, costumes, heroes, and much more in this unique ground bending 3D platformer.
Each hero in Georifters lives, literally, in their own bubble world, but one day, strange rifts begin appearing in each of the worlds, followed by strange creatures wreaking havoc and stealing the very air you breathe! You must help Candy to venture out of her bubble world and embark on a ground bending adventure spanning the different worlds, meeting other heroes along the way and convincing them to leave their isolated worlds, to accept and understand each other’s differences and join you on your journey, together to fight for a greater good.
Georifters Main Features
- Unique ground manipulation system allows you to move the world in many ways around your enemies or yourself!
- Use your ground manipulation skills to discover and unearth hidden items and powerups!
- Unlock heroes, worlds, weapons, upgrades and more.
- Upgrade your chosen champions’ unique abilities to suit your play style using the cards & stickers perk system.
- Over 50 different costume combinations: choose how fabulous you look whilst crushing your foes.
- Grab up to four friends to team up with or against each other for fast paced ground manipulation battles.
- More a thinker than a fighter? No worries! Grab a friend for some precision ground manipulation in coop, or single player if you prefer to do everything yourself.
- 6 Unique bubble worlds, each inspired by one of the human senses.
- 7 Unique heroes, each with their own individual special way of manipulating the ground.
- Explore 6 fantastical worlds comprised of 30+ levels with 300+ stages.
Platforms: Nintendo Switch
Release Date: Summer 2020
Suggested Retail Price: TBA
Genre: Shifting action platformer
Languages: English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
Players: 1 – 4
Developer: Busy Toaster Games
Source:Tags: Busy Toaster Games, Gaming, Geodrifters, Leoful, Nintendo, Nintendo Switch
This post was written by Mike Scorpio