With the announcement of Pokémon Sleep last night during the Pokémon Press Conference, a new GO tie-in has been announced. Starting today, special Sleeping Snorlax can be encountered in the world of Pokémon GO until June 3rd. He will appear sleeping in the overworld and on the capture screen so make sure to take you’re GO Snapshot photos before he disappears!
Mobile, news, Niantic, Niantic Labs, Nintendo Mobile, Pokemon, Pokemon Go, pokemon go plus plus, snorlax
Snoozing with Snorlax!
The next few months are going to be filled with some amazing adventures—even Pokémon are getting ready in their own ways. We’re hearing reports from all over the world that Trainers are finding Snorlax in deep slumber. Do you think they’re getting ready for an eventful summer?
Date + Time
- Tuesday, May 28, 2019, at 6 p.m. to Monday, June 3, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
- Trainers will have the chance to encounter Snorlax snoozing in the wild.
- Once caught, Snorlax will be awake and ready for battle as usual.
- Remember to take a photo during your encounter as Snorlax will only be asleep during your encounter!
- Snorlax caught during the event will know the exclusive event move Yawn.
Speaking of sleeping, don’t miss a related announcement at the Pokémon 2019 Press Conference!
Time to get up (or wake up) and GO!
—The Pokémon GO Team
This post was written by Switch Nindies